Sea Tow vs Tow Boats US

I’m sure this has been discussed a lot but I’m having some real issues with the search function. Looking to get a membership to one and wondering if anyone has any input or suggestions about which they prefer. I’ve read that it can be somewhat location dependent. I do pretty much all of my boating right around Charleston and see them both here all the time. Thanks!

I can’t say anything bad about Sea Tow because I don’t know anything about them. I have had Tow Boat for about 8 years and have used them twice in/around Charleston and once in the Keys. GREAT service every time. I met the owner of the Charleston franchise, he seemed like a really good guy and appears to run a good operation.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Im with DFreedom on this. I really don’t know much about Sea Tow at all. I went with US Tow Boat a few years ago and have been nothing but pleased! I did the premium bc of the distance I travel to the coast. But for $160-170 bucks??? Cant go wrong! Whether you spin a axle bearing at midnight on I-95 or run out of gas on the way back from the stream. One mishap WAY more than pays the membership!!! Not promoting or discounting either, just my two cents.

Working hard to play harder!!!

LOST A FUEL PUMP ON TOW VEHICLE ON I-26 , BOAT US SENT OUT TOW TRUCK AND PICKED UP THE TOW BILL FOR TRUCK AND BOAT , APPROX 500.00 BUCKS , BEEN USEING THEM FOR 7-8 YRS AND WILL CONTINUE ; MONEY WELL SPENT !!!:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

That may be so but two years ago my son lost his scholarship at USC because our boat broke down at the nearshore and he missed finals. Sea Tow not only brought him in from the nearshore but they covered his lost scholarship money for his final year at school. #SeaTow4Life

…j/k

I had the same question last year, not sure there is a single “always” right answer. Seems to be best determined by the local franchise operation. On the ICW I frequently see US Tow Boat and seldom see Sea Tow. I asked dealers, boaters and marinas about them both and decided on US Tow for my primary boating area, fortunately I have not needed them so can’t comment on the service.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like they’re both quality operations and I won’t be going wrong with either!

Give both companies a call, get the information you want, compare them and go with the company you like best.

Double D.

I “think” TowBoatUS has bigger boats??? It matters if you have a big boat on a shoal! Other than that… they are both great outfits.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC