Sea Tow

Did a dumb thing Thursday, and left sight of my 16ft. jon boat while surf fishing on a barrier island. The wind changed and wrapped my anchor rope around my motor and swung the stern out where the surf filled the boat with water and sand. Got it bailed out, but had water in the gas. Called Sea Tow and they came and pulled me in. Very professional, and were there when they said they would be. Best money I have ever spent.

John

No doubt, can’t imagine boating without towing/assistance insurance. I am with BoatUS and have never had anything but professional and courteous service.

Nice to hear the good word from someone that received assistance… especially inshore where many people are under the assumption they wont need it. Unlike insurance, though, your membership is a service contract where you are given priority over non-members, there are no deductibles, no money to pay out and wait for reimbursement, no claims against your hull policy, etc.

Example: I happened to come upon a vessel that was aground a couple of weeks ago. The gentleman on board was NOT A MEMBER, but had a rider that would have covered most of the cost of the ungrounding. He simply did not want to have to pay the money and wait for his ins. company to reimburse him… so he ended up waiting 4-5 hours on the tide. Had he been a member, it would have been FREE, he would have been able to get in before dark, and his wife would have been in a much better mood when they got home!

Richie
Sea Tow Georgetown
24hr Dispatch: 843-527-4136

“If you were a member, it would be free.”

SeaTow membership saved me a LOT of money this summer. Had to be towed in from offshore due to engine problems. The bill would have been over $2500 if I weren’t a member. I will never go without SeaTow.