SeaArk Hull Fracture

Thought I would post a picture of my buddies boat that has developed a fracture on both sides of the outside wall.

It will be on its way to SaeArk on Monday. Anyone had something similar? The fracture is on the outside where the back seat meets the bottom of the boat.

What model

It a 1660 tiller steer

Whats it look like on the other side.

I have a 19 foot sea ark and have owned another.

I am having a hard time envisioning exactly where these stress cracks are happening.

I assume all your grounds are going to a buss bar and/or back to the battery ground? Wouldnt want electrolysis to run amuck and weaken the metal.

Looking forward to what the boys in Arkansas say.

@EF1 looks the same on the other side parallel and in the same spot. The cracks are directly inline with the inside edge of the bench seat. Nothing outside of standard setup was done to my buddies boat. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

So they are on the starboard beam aft?

I was thinking it was at or near the transom.

One on port one on starboard. Maybe 3 to 4 feet from transom.

SeaArk repaired the fractures and identified the issue. The bench seat was installed too far forward. This resulted in not enough flex at the bottom and side walls when hitting waves head on. They paid for shipping both ways. Good service in my opinion.

Man! That’s kinda unheard of, that’s really great customer service in my opinion.