security camera systems

Has anyone installed any of the DIY security camera systems? I have seen some online that aren’t too expensive, but do not know how good they really are. We have a group of punks stealing anything they can put their hands on in our neighborhood. They actually came into my fence the other day and plundered through my old pickup I am building and stole one of my filled gas tanks. They have siphoned my parent’s boat tank and took their gas jugs also. I have a fix for the gas that will stop them, but I want to protect the rest of my things from them.

Similar problems in West Ashley… I went with lorex 2k ip 4mp color night vision cameras… 4 cameras and the recorder with live video over the app from their online store. The ip camera uses cat5e or 6 and has a liner line run of about three hundred feet before you need a booster. Night vision is amazing! Not much happens on my property with out me knowing.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

there are cheaper cameras out there, but D-Link has some of the best cameras and offer the fullest range of options with easy setup options including a nice Cloud setup that allows you to access and control your PTZ cameras from your smartphone any where. I have outfitted my house inside and out with them. They have onboard storage for recording, infared night vision, motion detection(which will send a notification to your phone), wifi cameras(so you dont have to run a CAT5 line to each camera), lots of cool options. but like i said, they arent the cheapest, but you certainly get what you pay for.