Seining

So how do you seine? My dad and his buds used to seine the surf and did pretty good! I’d like to take it a few steps further… any advice on seining round here? I know you can get a lot of bait, and shrimping is ok with the right net.

need to find yourself a hard bottom creek or maybe lose your shoes in pluff mud. There’s a place up a Cherry Grove we used to hit and could fill a cooler with shrimp in about 150 yards on a falling tide

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

i’ve done this. you’ll need beer. and it gets sketchy after dark.

what are the legalities involved, any specific license? Any limit to net size or mesh size

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

i’ve done this. you’ll need beer. and it gets sketchy after dark.

:smiley:

Funny! Are there plenty of shrimp in the surf? I do know about pluff mud and oyster beds - I’m sure I’ll get my fill of each. Guess I need to test out the ground with a feeler pole eh? Got plenty of places to try around Folly Beach area.

Can you get decent sized and decent quantity of shrimp out of the beach-front / Surf?

DillyDally cosgrove would be a good spot to try it out … stays reasonably shallow especially on a mid tide stays hard right in front where people fish … also there is a small creek on sullivans that might let you get a feel for it