Seriously Schoolsout... MUX? Really???

On the phone? Are you getting 1980’s on us? I hope you make enough off of this trade for a computer hooked up to the internetz. :smiley:

Zack Morris style…

By the way…reco’d the stock in the other thread around $3.65 area…it’s at $4.165 last I looked. Not too shabby for a month’s time frame (or less).

You could also go in on the GDX ETF and spread the risk a bit rather than going all in on one company. Should hedge yourself against some weird report, or change in their manufacturing process that can send these stocks in the tank quickly. The GDX matched about the same return.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Glad you guys are having fun playing this game:

It’s always exciting when you win!!!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Glad you guys are having fun playing this game:

It’s always exciting when you win!!!

You can attempt to make what I’m doing into whatever you want, but I’m making good money, currently.

GORO and AG on fire today, too. Boom.

By the way, you can’t see that the entire world is having a lot of issues, eh? That’s typically good for gold and not so good for your “investments.”

Time will tell, though.

Yeah man. I’m not trying to offend you. Just some friendly ribbing… My investments are doing well too… I think my dividend yield on my MO (largest holding in my portfolio) is somewhere around 9% and my dividend on my BP is around 7+%. Slow and steady wins the race.

I had a tough 2015 after buying into this gold mine business, had a huge 2016, followed up with a big slide after the election. I have since recouped any 4th quarter losses, and am slowly getting out and diversifying my funds. I know I am not going to get anymore 26%-39% return statements, but don’t expect to see any -20% statements either moving forward.

Gonna spread out among 6 different funds, and drop money in equally from now on and forget about it. I may plan to revisit every quarter and check on things, but this weekly watching is getting exhausting. This is all just in my company 401k, plan to jump out into some individual stocks with some IRA money next. These conversations have been very helpful over the past year or so.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

I had a tough 2015 after buying into this gold mine business, had a huge 2016, followed up with a big slide after the election. I have since recouped any 4th quarter losses, and am slowly getting out and diversifying my funds. I know I am not going to get anymore 26%-39% return statements, but don’t expect to see any -20% statements either moving forward.

Gonna spread out among 6 different funds, and drop money in equally from now on and forget about it. I may plan to revisit every quarter and check on things, but this weekly watching is getting exhausting. This is all just in my company 401k, plan to jump out into some individual stocks with some IRA money next. These conversations have been very helpful over the past year or so.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’ve been hopping in/out…I’ve ridden a lot of these guys down and I told myself not to do that again (at least, try not to)

Skinnee…it’s all good. I’ve followed the gold sector and it is my comfort zone, I guess.

MUX 4.32 at moment

Candy…baby

GORO blowing up pre-market…MUX is likely to follow. Should be a good AM.

$4.42 much?

What say you Schoolsout? MUX fell off a cliff. I guess you are jumping back in again.?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Ouch, from $4.42 to $3.39. That’s a drop of 23% in just 19 days… Who lost money on this one? Let’s hear it?

quote:

Ouch, from $4.42 to $3.39. That’s a drop of 23% in just 19 days… Who lost money on this one? Let’s hear it?

IS it a buy now?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:

IS it a buy now?

That's a question for the gamblers... I consider myself a "value investor" and I would need to see this one around $1 before I was interested in looking at it.

But again, that’s me. I’m not a “trader”.

Not I. That’s why I said earlier it’s safer to play in the mining business with an ETF or mutual fund as it spreads the risk. I moved most of my holdings out 3 weeks ago at the top, but what remained only lost 10% over that same span.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:

You can follow my posts on THT :slight_smile: I sold in the 4s and hung out…started nibbling at 3.75 so I’m down a hair, but planning to buy more in 3.25ish area. All my moves are on that thread…including one from Friday saying I didn’t like action in the miners and they are probably going lower.

It ain’t hard…meanwhile, in 2-3 months, I made 20% plus on my money invested.

quote:

From Friday, 2/24

http://www.thehulltruth.com/10006973-post1068.html

I haven’t added anything yet, by the way.