Seriously Schoolsout... MUX? Really???

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:

Ouch, from $4.42 to $3.39. That’s a drop of 23% in just 19 days… Who lost money on this one? Let’s hear it?

IS it a buy now?

That's a question for the gamblers... I consider myself a "value investor" and I would need to see this one around $1 before I was interested in looking at it.

But again, that’s me. I’m not a “trader”.

While your “style” may be investing, it is still gambling…and I can take my 20% from what I invested and sit back the rest of the year knowing I’ve got good gains…but I’m gonna keep gambling with my money :slight_smile:

Loaded up today MUX at 3.26 and 3.35. Big order was at 3.26.

Up 6.7% from that 3.26 area…less than a day. Lol skinnee?

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

When you throw a dead cat out of a 10 story building, it will bounce up a few feet...
quote:
quote:

When you throw a dead cat out of a 10 story building, it will bounce up a few feet...

you can keep talking that smack, but when I pick my target out a week or 2 in advance and it hits…and does exactly what I thought it would, I wouldn’t say that was a dead cat bounce. You can see where I told those asking on THT that my target was $3.25 area…I kicked it up a penny just to make sure it hit.

By the way, MUX is up a little more for me now 8.1% from 3.26
GORO I picked at $4.77 (I did buy some yesterday at $5.12) is up 9% in just a few short hours.

So, you just keep “investing” and I’ll show that fella how to double his money in less than a year’s time :slight_smile:

Oh, and bought some AG at $8.72 this AM as well…again, you can go to that thread on THT to see my moves. I say what I’m doing/did when I do it for posterity’s sake. If I’m down, you know it. If I’m up…well, you’ll definitely know it :slight_smile:

I’m not “talking smack” in order to offend you. Hopefully you know that this is just friendly smack. I certainly wish you well on your endeavors. Your investing style is just not for me. That’s really all!

I know…I’m not talking smack, either. Just pokin’

That said, I do have retirement account(s) that are more “vanilla” and traditional set/forget kinda things, so what I do here isn’t my only path.

Not looking good on any of those pics you had yesterday. I hope you know something more longterm, as all the mining stocks are taking another dip.

Anyone get in on the Snapchat?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Going to ride this MUX thing down to $2.80???

The dead end streets paved with gold…

RBF

Thar she blows! Lol

quote:

Oh, and bought some AG at $8.72 this AM as well…again, you can go to that thread on THT to see my moves. I say what I’m doing/did when I do it for posterity’s sake. If I’m down, you know it. If I’m up…well, you’ll definitely know it :slight_smile:

Wow! All 3 are way down. Only thing worse is if you would have said you grabbed a ton of FSM at $5.46 also.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Not looking good on any of those pics you had yesterday. I hope you know something more longterm, as all the mining stocks are taking another dip.

Anyone get in on the Snapchat?</font id=“size4”>

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Snapchat is worth more than Marriot and Target companies and has never turned a profit

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo
quote:

Wow! All 3 are way down. Only thing worse is if you would have said you grabbed a ton of FSM at $5.46 also.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My main goal in all this is (ultimately, money) to gain more shares as I think this sector will outperform in 2H2017. I got right at about 1000 shares of MUX for “free” on 2 months time (basically, I’ve no cash left in one account, but 1k more shares than I did a month or 2 ago)…bought one last round of MUX today at $3.16.

Same story with the others, but not to that extreme as I still have a pile of cash and an order for NGD at $2.79 at the moment. Bought deal placement at $2.80 so trying to snag some shares below that. Insiders have expressed intent to purchase shares at $2.80, too. Need Rainy River to get online later this year…if that happens with no more hiccups, I can see a share price closer to $10 (as long as gold doesn’t fall off a cliff…).

quote:

Same story with the others, but not to that extreme as I still have a pile of cash and an order for NGD at $2.79 at the moment. Bought deal placement at $2.80 so trying to snag some shares below that. Insiders have expressed intent to purchase shares at $2.80, too. Need Rainy River to get online later this year…if that happens with no more hiccups, I can see a share price closer to $10 (as long as gold doesn’t fall off a cliff…).

Insider buying. I can get on board with that. You have a link to that?

Also, I’m showing $2.79 for that right now.

These Tech valuations are absurd. I have a buddy who works with a startup with about 25 million in revenue and says they will sale in a few years for 4 billion. Someone will be left holding that bag, but it won’t be me. When I get over 12 percent this year in my 401k I’m moving into cash. The bears will show up soon. The real money right now is in real estate anyway. You guys live in an unreal market. Go snap up some land.

Land can be tough to liquidate when you need to start living off that capital. Plus land comes with an automatic expense every year that stocks don’t. Not saying land isn’t a good investment, it’s just that it can be just as tough. I’ve watched a ton of people struggle to sell land and after they roll in their tax expense didn’t make any money or lost. Land with a way to draw income is a different story.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
quote:

Insider buying. I can get on board with that. You have a link to that?

Also, I’m showing $2.79 for that right now.

I think it was in the Bought Deal Financing announcement…let me go take a look. By the way, I bought NGD at $2.72 this AM :slight_smile: I’m a good chunk down at the moment, but the last hour has done wonders for my accounts. Locked and loaded…not sure what was the catalyst yet (having computer issues at work…3rd day of not being able to do my normal stuff), but looks like dollar dropped a good bit.

Stand by for that announcement thing about the insiders.

The development of Rainy River has had a few cost overruns and this bought deal financing was the last bit needed (I am hoping) to get the project up and running 3Q2017…the other part was selling a gold stream for some cash instead of diluting shareholders further.

Along with the insiders, the institutions participating (expressing interest, at least) are not small timers in this sector (or anywhere, really).

quote:
New Gold Announces US$150 Million Bought Deal Financing

02/22/2017

download the pdf (PDF 161 KB)

(All dollar figures are in US dollars unless otherwise indicated)

TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2017 /CNW/ - New Gold Inc. (“New Gold”) (TSX:NGD) (NYSE MKT:NGD) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters led by RBC Capital Markets and Scotiabank (the “Underwriters”), pursuant to which they have agreed to purchase, on a bought deal basis, 53,600,000 common shares (“Common Shares”) of New Gold at a price of US$2.80 per share (the “Offering”), for aggregate gross proceeds to New Gold of approximately US$150 million. In addition, New Gold has agreed to grant to the Underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 8,040,000 Common Shares at a price of US$2.80 per share, on the same terms and conditions as the Offering, exercisable at any time, in whole or in part, until the date that is 30 days following the closing of the Offering. In the event that the option is exercised in its entirety, the aggregate gross proceeds of the Offering to New Gold will be approximately US$172.6 million.

New Gold intends to use the net proceeds from the Offering to finance the completion of the construction of the Rainy River gold project in Ontario, Canada.

New Gold’s cash and cash equivalents balance and the net proceeds from the sale of New Gold’s gold stream on the El Morro project and the Offering, together with funds available fo