setting up a virtual private network VPN

which one do you use? pros and cons?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

What are you using it for? Many different options out there.

catching sheepshead…

I mean so my IP address can’t be tracked…something about the wives, girlfriends and mistresses thing…

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

What are you using it for? Many different options out there.

He needs it for self defense, since he pissed off the scammers!

MooreFun Out!
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you!

We use Cisco at work and have been happy with it for the last 15 years or so. I have to log into the VPN to access the company server when I’m traveling.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

I use Juniper at work. I have used several for business purposes. But if you want one for personal use, there are many free ones. Windows even has one.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

catching sheepshead…

I mean so my IP address can’t be tracked…something about the wives, girlfriends and mistresses thing…

It’s easier to just introduce them. You might be surprised by the outcome :sunglasses::smiley:

I use this one. It’s easy to use and cheap.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

I use cisco w/ work and it does a good job.

The best thing I’ve figured out with it so far is using VPN + Remote Desktop utility so that I am still doing all the processing on the “home” desktop computer, and can travel with a light, cheap, no local storage laptop and just pop in to the desktop computer over VPN to do the heavy duty work.

We use a lot of virtualized applications, so waiting on all that data go back and forth over VPN was a major butt pain.