Shad 2020

Only thing right now is some carrots. Guinees ate up all the kale and turnips. Dad recently had a major stroke. He’s up walking but barely. The Brothers and I were gonna plant for him, but he still wants to do it himself. well see.

update on Wilson Landing, water is back down close to normal but I went for awhile yesterday and nothing happening. I was the only one there. It’s still a little early I guess.

Might save someone a trip this weekend. Wilson Landing rose from 2.4ft up to 24.9ft since yesterday afternoon. Discharge is almost wide open, over 43,000 cubic ft per second. Water is up to the sign in the parking lot.

now the discharge is over 81000 cubic feet per second and up above 27 feet, gate is closed , downriver is flooding. Looks like no shad fishing for awhile.

What link do you use or number do you call? I could use it to save myself a drive

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/uv/?site_no=02171500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,00062

Alright,what’s going on, I know y’all been goin?

Haven’t been yet. Nephew went to the Tailrace last weekend, and only caught two in four hours. Haven’t heard any reports from Arrowhead yet.

Water is high at Arrowhead & you cant bank fish cause the road is flooded out. The landing was flooded till yesterday.

21 Contender

Thanks, I really appreciate it, I knew I could count on you boys.You all saved me a wasted trip,now maybe it’ll warm up by the time things get right.haha I can almost taste the roe now.

Went yesterday to Arrowhead & it sucked. Dumping a ton of water & they just aren’t thick. Went to Tailrace afterwards & nothing.

21 Contender

anybody trying this weekend? i want to make my annual trip up sometime, but not driving 4 hours with the parking lot underwater if theyre still running water hard!

Wilson Landing has dropped from 25ft+ down to 14ft, still a long way to go but headed the right direction. Discharge is still about 4X more than normal. Don’t know about Arrowhead but it should be improving as well but like Wilson’s probably still high and muddy.

Curious how high Arrowhead is if anyone has a report? Thinking about heading out mid week.

Has anyone tried tail race near the dam?

Is water too high there?

The water level is never a problem there. Haven’t heard any good reports there this year.

stlhunr is right, I don’t know why they won’t release more water into the Cooper,especially with people getting flooded out in Georgetown.Santee Cooper ain’t worth a ■■■■.

The water was trending down this week, which was making me hopeful, but now it shot up again after the rain.

J-16 Carolina Skiff

given my work schedule i have only this weekend i can even attempt shad or herring fishing, so i will make a trip up and a buddy and i will give it a crack. if no shad or herring, ill also at least try drifting in kayaks for catfish at night in lake moultrie. one of the last times i did that with a piece of herring (i have leftover menhaden in the freezer) i got a 45lb blue so may as well at least try!

Don’t plan to paddle upstream against the current in the river the amount of water be let out makes the current really bad. I felt unsafe anchoring last time I went and I was in a small boat. The anchor dragged for a ways and then caught and started to pull the bow down. I felt it was 50/50 on the odds of a disaster happening. It was the strongest current I’ve been in.