Shad 2020

my first attempt will be arrowhead casting from shore. i CAN haul a kayak up that hill, but did great from shore last time i was there, plus absolutely lets see how the current looks first before launching a 40lb row boat.

Ohionavynuke, how high was the santee at arrowhead? Don’t want to drive from Johns island on Wed if it’s unfishable. Thanks!

That should have made for a heck of a pull in a kayak. You beach the kayak and then land that big un? Nice fillets right there.

Man, 5 pages of threads of non bragging shad fishing…did I miss the pic of the hottie holding up a big shad???

"If you can't fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!"

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

Is there any place to buy shad. I need about 200. I don’t need or want the roe, just the fish for bait. The run started late this year and I have gotten too busy to get back up there and start loading up like most years.

Affinity, you from Johns island?

Anyway, would love to hear an answer if the santee is worth fishing? Thinking about Friday if it’s not higher than last year? The shad were catchable, but had to use 2oz to keep the bait down.

I am from James Island, and now live on Johns Island. The shad are there now and its game on!

Affinity, I’m pretty sure I purchased a casting platform off you a few years ago. I may go Friday, if I get a surplus I’ll shoot you a message.

sounds great thanks