Shallow pole ancors

anyone have a recommendation of something like this that’s under $150? I fish in a lot of shallow water and would think this thing is the best since sliced bread. I’ve only seen one guy at the sand bar with one but it had a different handle and could tie to easy. He said he loved it. He also used it to fish. I think his was like $300 or so though. I would think 8’ pole would be plenty and i could even get that in the holder if it wasn’t a two piece.

I use Titan Fiberglass. I have ordered multiple ones from him.
last one was a 12ft 2 pc, paid like a $100 for it about a year ago. He can do custom sizes as well.
He sales thru ebay or you can contact him direct.

SWEET!
thanks so much! I love this site!

I would buy a 12’ one today, but it says he’s away from ebay until 12-31. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

He may be taking time off for Christmas.
I have is cell number if anyone wants to text him.
Let me know & I will shoot you a PM.

In an effort to buying local, I tried to look on the Marsh Tacky site, but couldn’t find a shallow water anchor.

If I remember right sewee Outpost may have them.

A couple years ago I had a 10-ft stick it.
I dropped it. And of course it sunk like a rock Had a short piece of rope still on it put a treble hook on to try to find it never could find it.
The following weekend was fishing back in the same area. There were 2 old farts fishing over where I dropped the stick it. They snagged it and brought it to the boat.
I told them it was mine. They laughed told me I was full of crap. Told them to look just below the handle and they would see my shrimp tag on it. They were disappointed. But they gave me my stick it back.
Blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

3 Likes

that’s hilarious.

Yea, those fiberglass ones are fancy and nice. Ive run a ground rod, shackle and rope for many years but they get left home now with the ipilot.

1 Like

I bought several 1" x 10’ fiberglass rods a few years ago. I made stick-it poles for my boat and our kayaks. I just epoxied PVC Tees on one end and put caps on the horizontal openings. They have worked great.

2 Likes

Poor people use rebar ICYMI

1 Like

Who needs anchors anyway

10" copper lighting rod.
Attach line to hole in end.
Heave like harpoon into bottom.
Holds just fine in the creeks.
Been using rig for years on 20"CC and 16"Jon

1 Like

This was my set up as well…grounding rod with shackle and line works like a charm…and only costs around $15

1 Like

10’ copper grounding rod cost you around $75 now

8ft glav is all I ever needed.

1 Like

Mine cost$15-bought it a while back:)