shark tooth hunting

I am currently looking for some places to shark tooth hunt around Charleston and Summerville. I have heard about trying the Harleyville Quarry but unsure if it is worth traveling to

Thoughts?

gotchacovered is the man for this adventure.

Do to msha and insurance you won’t be able to hunt in the cement plant quarries. I work at one of the plants. Not to long ago a few people were caught trespassing looking for teeth.

fish today work tomorrow
The Bi Polar Express
Sportsman Masters 227

I have found some on the shoreline around the Cosgrove bridge while fishing.

Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc
Hydra Sport 1800cc, 150 Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by chickenhawk 26

Do to msha and insurance you won’t be able to hunt in the cement plant quarries. I work at one of the plants. Not to long ago a few people were caught trespassing looking for teeth.

fish today work tomorrow
The Bi Polar Express
Sportsman Masters 227

So…as long as we’re with you, we’re good right?

Let’s go!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Parkers ferry rd. where the road bends and meets the Edisto river. Under a leaning oak tree when the water is low.

You can hunt them almost anywhere, finding them is something else :smiley:

I don’t know the Charleston area very well, but around Hilton Head and Savannah we have the best luck on spoil islands along the ICW and Savannah River where the dredges have pumped up a lot of material from the river bottoms. The serious teeth hunters wear SCUBA gear and dive in the deeper holes in the the rivers. I never was that serious myself, waited for the dredge to pump them up.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

You can hunt them almost anywhere, finding them is something else :smiley:

I don’t know the Charleston area very well, but around Hilton Head and Savannah we have the best luck on spoil islands along the ICW and Savannah River where the dredges have pumped up a lot of material from the river bottoms. The serious teeth hunters wear SCUBA gear and dive in the deeper holes in the the rivers. I never was that serious myself, waited for the dredge to pump them up.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I am a new diver so not quite ready to do that. But would be awesome to finish my AOW and dive for some. I heard the Cooper River produces stuff too, but my fear would be bumping into a Bull

CofCfishing, go over to the Geology Department at school and ask them where you can go! They used to take students to a dredge spoil site off Long Point Rd, on the MP side of the Cooper. I can’t remember the exact directions. You could find great big Mega teeth laying on top of the spoil mounds and more after every rain.

23 I wish it were that simple. With all the regs that are in place, its hard to get contractors out here. I find teeth from time to time in my daily routine, but can’t get permission to hunt on my off time.

fish today work tomorrow
The Bi Polar Express
Sportsman Masters 227

quote:
Originally posted by chickenhawk 26

23 I wish it were that simple. With all the regs that are in place, its hard to get contractors out here. I find teeth from time to time in my daily routine, but can’t get permission to hunt on my off time.

fish today work tomorrow
The Bi Polar Express
Sportsman Masters 227

I was told the parking lot near City Hall is where they dump stuff from time to time. This wouldn't happen to be true would it?

Coc
I have no idea about that. TBS a lot of crush and run or ROC will have teeth mixed in.

fish today work tomorrow
The Bi Polar Express
Sportsman Masters 227

quote:
TBS a lot of crush and run or ROC will have teeth mixed in.

I had a several loads of crush and run put in my driveway a few years ago and the first time it rained on it my neighbor found the prettiest spear point I’ve ever seen, laying right on top.

Capt. Larry Teuton