Shark Week

Anyone watch it last night! They had an interesting segment on Great Whites in New York Harbor! Seems that in resent years, Seals have been returning to the harbor and a Marine Biologist wondered if the Sharks have been following them! What they found is that there are Whites in the harbor within sight of Manhattan! The only ones they found were about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet long. So with this information they think there is a Pupping Ground close by, as Whites are born very near that size! Real interesting segment!

I’ve been all over it. I’m glad you’re putting your time to good use as well. I was hoping that shark that Michael Phelps was racing would eat him

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I’ve been all over it. I’m glad you’re putting your time to good use as well. I was hoping that shark that Michael Phelps was racing would eat him

Yep, a Talladega kind of finish would have sufficed…

NN

Yep, people are bitc*** the shark wasn’t real! He’s laughing all the way to the bank!

I shouldn’t be but I was blown away by how many people were outraged because they actually thought Phelps was going to be in the water with a Great White and race it. Society is a frickin train wreck.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Finally, an UNREALITY show…

NN

quote:
I shouldn't be but I was blown away by how many people were outraged because they actually thought Phelps was going to be in the water with a Great White and race it. Society is a frickin train wreck.

Sign of the times. Most people can tell you more about reality TV than they can about things that REALLY effect their lives.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Anyone watch it last night! They had an interesting segment on Great Whites in New York Harbor! Seems that in resent years, Seals have been returning to the harbor and a Marine Biologist wondered if the Sharks have been following them! What they found is that there are Whites in the harbor within sight of Manhattan! The only ones they found were about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet long. So with this information they think there is a Pupping Ground close by, as Whites are born very near that size! Real interesting segment!

I caught the tail end of that show, wanted to choke the guy on the rod that caught the undersized great white. He was screaming like a valley girl. Had to turn it off.

The Phelps thing was a hoot! You could actually see the look on his face like, “I can’t believe they are paying me to do this stupid shat!”

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Shark week has ‘jumped the shark.’

I should have taken a picture, but myself and the daughter were watching something about a giant hammerhead named “Old Hitler” in Florida. They rushed to a boat landing because a guy had seen the shark, it had attacked his boat. The evidence was paint taken off of the foot of the motor…boat was an OLD working boat, with an old Evinrude Fast Strike outboard on it. It had a stainless prop on it that had been spray painted white/gray and the paint had some “teeth” marks in it. That was the evidence they had…

They painted a prop, and scraped paint off of it, and tried to pass it off as shark-bitten.

I remember when I was younger it was educational, it was cool to watch, and believable. This drivel they’re pushing now is comical at best.

I’m done.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Leadenwahboy you probably think pro wrestling is fake too.

quote:

Oyster Roast ladder match call out…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

Oyster Roast ladder match call out…

RBF

I don’t do ladders. But perhaps some American Gladiator style jousting?

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Shark week used to be good. What they have been showing the last 5years or so is junk. They have all year to come up with 7 new shows and most of them are the same thing as last year. Too much made up drama. Maybe they should incorporate a tennis ball cannon somehow.

Man, you guys watch TV and post on here? Must be a bunch of trust fund kids. I had Easy, RBF, and PeaPot all pegged as working men…wrong again.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Shark week has ‘jumped the shark.’

.boat was an OLD working boat, with an old Evinrude Fast Strike outboard on it.

Had a couple of fast strikes on glitter boats. Dang good engine. the 91-92 were way underrated. Loved lots fuel. Mercury even had a lawsuit over em.

On the Shark Week stuff… Loved watching the huge stingrays jumping WAY out of the water…

“Why Bruce?”