Sheepshead at the jetties

Anyone caught any out that way this winter? Dads coming in town and would like to put him on some sheepshead. Also are there any bulls out there this time of year? Would I be better served in the creeks fishing for smaller reds and trout? Any input welcome as I am a terrible inshore fisherman.

I’ve suspended fishing for sheeps till can get fiddlers. Others catch them on clams, oysters and muscles, but I’ve not figured that out.

quote:
Originally posted by Ona Mission

I’ve suspended fishing for sheeps till can get fiddlers. Others catch them on clams, oysters and muscles, but I’ve not figured that out.

On the oysters, I’ve used them more than fiddlers. Have used j hook, but a treble works better for me. Get a few clusters of oysters from the landing, smush em open an basically wrap the oyster as best you can on the hook fishing slack tides.

The new way I’ve heard but not tried is to put your oyster in a piece of panty hose and then put that on the hook? Sounds like it would work.

As for your question to Jetties or Creeks, I’d let the weather determine that one. Good Luck!

Fred - Mission ;; Google Mossy Head Bait co. and check out the video on using oysters for sheep , THE SYSTEM REALLY WORKS ; 1PT RAW OYSTERS WILL LAST ME AND FISHING BUDDY MOST OF DAY ;; ALSO GREAT FOR CATS IN THE SWEET WATER.>>>> CHECK EM OUT, VERY INTERESTING VIDEO

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I second Gail Wins. I bought that system last year and if works really good. Easy to put the oysters in the bag with the injector, a little harder to put a fiddler in but have caught several fish on one fiddler.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes