Shipping a fishing rod

Hey guys,
I should have figured this out before now but I just sold a fishing rod on ebay and now I’m wondering the best way to ship it. I was just going to take it to the UPS store and see what they could do for me but it suddenly came to me to post on here and see if anyone else has dealt with this and maybe knows a better way. Thanks in advance ~Dan

pvc pipe or cardboard tubes

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

Sporting goods stores will usually have some cardboard tubes in the back if you ask. I’ve had Sportsmans Warehouse give me a couple before.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

PVC pipe, not the Schedule 40 stuff, use the thin wall non-pressure pipe, it’s lighter, cap on each end and something stuffed in each end to keep it from rolling around

I bought two out of FL and that’s how they arrived

Pioneer 197SF

I’ve got boxes that I just recieved rods in that you can have. I’m about to throw them out.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Don’t trust anyone else to pack it for you. Do it yourself.
I received one from Loomis and it was rolled in bubble wrap and inside a sturdy cardboard tube.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Thanks for the advice folks. I happened to be in Lowes the PVC seemed like a no go, it’s a big rod with roller guides so to get big it wide enough it was going to be pretty heavy even the thinnest stuff i could find. I was pretty sure I was going to be making the trip over to Mt. Pleasant to take advantage of Mr. Fritz’s offer (Thank you sir) but I stumbled across a vinyl gutter downspout for 8 bucks, It’s pretty light so I’m going to rig it up, cut to 7 ft and seal the ends up. Now just gotta hope usps doesn’t kill me in shipping