Shooting One Of The Big Boys...

We had a Military Weapons Match at our gun club yesterday. Daughter got to shoot some WWII era weapons. She shot a M1 Carbine and an M1 Garand, among others, but said she liked the Garand better. She ain’t scared of the big guns, and really liked how hard that 30-06 hits steel plates at 100 yards…:smiley:

It helps that M1G doesn’t kick because it weighs 50lbs XD I always loved the way it shot too.

First, Most, Biggest

I remember when I could find a 1000 rounds for my Carbine for $89 bucks. :smiley:

I can Understand your daughters like on the Gerand over the Carbine. She might change her mind if she could have shot the Paratrooper version full auto. :smiley:

What other neat stuff got brought out?

A Finnish copy of the Mosin. Swedish K-31. Mauser K-98. 30-40 Krag. An assortment of ARs and SKS. Mini 14 and M1-A as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

I remember when I could find a 1000 rounds for my Carbine for $89 bucks. :smiley:

I can Understand your daughters like on the Gerand over the Carbine. She might change her mind if she could have shot the Paratrooper version full auto. :smiley:

I can remember when you could buy one of those Carbine’s, still wrapped in cosmoline, at the pawn shop for around 60 bucks.

quote:
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

I can remember when you could buy one of those Carbine’s, still wrapped in cosmoline, at the pawn shop for around 60 bucks.

They were a dime a dozen! And never shot! How about getting an AK for $350 with a halve dozen mags included?

I bought my first 30/06 at K mart for $ 9.95 I think in 1962 An old English Enfeild. Shot it for years, traded it for a john boat

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

I bought my first 30/06 at K mart for $ 9.95 I think in 1962 An old English Enfeild. Shot it for years, traded it for a john boat

I did the same thing a few years back. I traded an old Springfield M1-03/A3, for a '79 model, Fisher Marine, with two Tohatsu 10 horse outboards, one damaged. Did a nice upfit on the boat, and my daughter, and I fished the heck out of it on Lake Rabon for a couple of years. Ended up selling it for $2800.00 cash, a Glock 27, and a Glock 19, NIB. Only time I ever came out on the sweet end of a boat deal!

After looking thru my gun case I found some old 303 amo the Enfeil was a 303 not a 30/06

Yes, I was wondering about that. Some militaries (Indian, in particular, but others) converted the .303 Enfields to 7.62x51 (7.62 NATO) but I’ve never heard of a 30.06 conversion.

What distance is this range? I have all of the rifles mentioned above and others in my collection but never get to shoot more than 100m since that’s all Twin Ponds has.

It’s great that you’ve got her out shooting.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

100 yards. I’ve shot on a range of 300 yards but their yearly membership is ridiculous.