Shooting Opportunities for Youths and Home School

Shooting is a great sport for youths and home schooling families. It is one of very few sports where teens compete right alongside of adults, and where we have found the adults to be very warm and welcoming and supportive of youth participation. The picture shows my daughter with the inset showing a 600 yard target in a shooting discipline known as F-Class. The 10 ring is a 6 inch; diameter circle.
Read More

That’s pretty good shooting for 600 yards! Better than I can do. Both my wife and my son shoot better than I do, though I don’t admit it to them :smiley: What kind of rifle was she using?

We are lucky to live in the country and have a shooting range in the front yard, so my kids have grown up shooting.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I want her on my team when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Very cool. I, too, am curious about her rifle setup. Can’t wait for my little to get a little older and get into shooting. She loves talking about it and watching me tinker on guns.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Nice shooting indeed!

But guys, what LDB didn’t tell you is that his daughter shot Annie Oakley style. She was facing the opposite direction, had the gun on her shoulder pointed toward the target, and used a mirror to look down the iron sights. LDB just couldn’t put us down like that.

Give it up guys, she can probably out shoot most of us (including me) any day she chooses.

j

I used to shoot 600m with a 7.62mm M1A, open sights…but the target was about 1m x 1m! That’s a small target for that range, optical sights?

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

That’s pretty good shooting for 600 yards! Better than I can do. Both my wife and my son shoot better than I do, though I don’t admit it to them :smiley: What kind of rifle was she using?

If I recall correctly, her rig for that F-Class match was a factory Savage bolt action .223 with a heavy fast twist barrel and a Leupold scope, most likely 20-25x top end magnification.

Yes, F-Class allows scopes. But the 10 ring is half the size as High Power disciplines that do not allow scopes.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

I’d be lucky to even see the target at 600 yards. Is that your daughter and that’s your site you keep linking to?

That is my daughter. My sons shoot too. A lot of my links are to my blog or youtube. I think I’ve linked my daughter’s blog also.

The targets are pretty big. The whole piece of paper is a 6 ft x 6 ft square. I think the black is a 36" diameter circle. Some family members use 14x, 20x, and 25x scopes. I think a 10x scope has been used a few times with a pretty good score.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

Video for NRA Pistol Qualification:

https://youtu.be/uzoaU1ExECk