Shrimp and wild rice casserole

Had put a couple steaks in to marinate and wanted to fix something besides the routine taters/salad deal…so opened the pantry and started pulling stuff out…came up with this…and it was pretty darn good …made extra as my neighbor and her husband love anything with shrimp in it…

box type wild rice…cook as directed and set aside
peeled and deveined shrimp
artichokes (chopped)
grated cheese
can of cream of mushroom soup plus added 1/4 cup milk
dash of cummin/salt/pepper to taste
butter…in pic I had *salted…changed it to *unsalted

cooked rice as directed…cleaned shrimp and tossed with cummin,salt/pepper…mixed that with the rice and soup/ milk and some of the cheese…placed in greased casserole dish…dotted with butter and added a little more cheese on top…baked at 350 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and brown…

served with the steaks and garlic cheese rolls…and some fresh 'maters and cukes sprinkled with a little feta…was pretty good for a thrown together meal :slight_smile:

into the oven it goes…

:question::question::question:…oh noooo…gas grill is out of gas???:frowning_face:…no other choice but…

whip out the old george forman in a pinch grill:smiley: lol

now for the biscuits…self rising flour/crisco/milk/garlic powder/cheese/butter…drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheet…bake 8-12 minutes

out it comes…

[IMG]http://i829.photo

Donnie, go buy this woman a restaurant.

No apologies needed for the George Foreman grill. It’s my first choice for cooking steaks. I like the tast of charcoal-griled a little better, but the GF is way easier and does a great job.

I love your “open the pantry and see what I can create” approach to cooking. I do that a bit myself, and only occasionally have a disaster. One time I had some large pasta shells and some canned salmon, so I made some salmon-stuffed shells. I don’t think the cat would have eaten it…horrible.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

I’d like to buy a meal ticket. Darn that looks good.

Marsha
35 Contender

Do you cater?

SeaPro 23 WA Yam 225
Key West 17’ Stealth Yam 115
High Tide 15’ Yam 50

How much for room and board for a weekend every few months? Room for a 37’ Pace Arrow motor home?

lol…I told donnie he needs to appreciate the fact that I love to cook a little more…food is food to him…and a plate of scrambled eggs and grits get the same reaction as this…lol…he needs to show a little bit more of the WOW reaction dang him…call some of my food foo-foo food:) :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Call ME I will Stunt Double for Him:)

Woodfloats?

lol…thanks!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Pen they should start your own Recipe page, Bonzo has his bargains haha

Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,
goes home through the alley.
-Anonymous

Show him that scene from “The Prince of Tides” where the husband is complaining about the food not being “real food”, so Lila whips up some “real” food with dog food in it.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Will you consider adopting a 60 year old?:smiley:

19’ Seapro 150 Yamaha
12’ Hydrocraft 25 Evinrude
If that’s all I have to worry about…there’s nothing to worry about.

Can’t adopt you because our ages are too close…but you could be my adopted big brother :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

That will work. What time is supper sis?:smiley:

19’ Seapro 150 Yamaha

Lol…can’t cook tonight big brother as I am sick as a dog…er this morning getting fluids and meds…feel like a truck hit me…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

It’s bad when the cook’s sick. No one gets to eat. Hope you feel better. Since I did not get an invite, had to cook those reds I caught yesterday. 6 big fried fillets,cole slaw and baked beans. Sure did not look as good as your spreads though.

19’ Seapro 150 Yamaha

Thanks…I love redfish and laugh when people say they don’t taste good…keep one every now and then

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16