Sig Sauer Romeo 5 Red Dot

Anyone here familiar with or have any experience with the above red dot? I’m looking for an inexpensive red dot for an AR and PSA has a great Labor Day price. Reviews online are positive. I already have a Vortex Sparq AR on another AR and I like it, just figured I’d try something else just for the heck of it.

Can’t help you with that red dot, but Amazon has it with good reviews.

I picked this up for one of my ar’s. Was really sceptical with the price, but have been happy with it. I love the green laser over the red. A flashlight really compliments the illuminated scope and holographic dot sight at night.

Go to amazon and search ar accessories… they have tons of stuff.

No worries, after doing some internet research, the PSA “deal” wasn’t all that good. Found it for the same price at a couple of other sites.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That can’t be true about PSA. I’m sure a “spokesperson” will be by shortly to clear this up…:wink:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I will amend my original statement. It was a good deal but, I found the same price at 2 other sites and they weren’t sale prices so, I don’t feel compelled to buy right now. Thanks for making me clarify Bart.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Both (SPARC and ROMEO 5) are decent price point optics with their pluses and minuses. Here’s a good spec side-by-side comparison…
https://www.opticsplanet.com/compare/v-741440-1380840-v-858568-1898128

Me personally, I think the reticle (dot) is more crisp in the SPARC. The ROMEO, in my opinion, “starbursts” more. Plus, Vortex’s warranty is unsurpassed. That said, it’s not like we’re talking about preparing for deployment and riding the skids. Either would be fine for plinking with ARs.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

I have a romeo 5 on my patrol rifle. Its excellent for the money. I like it more than my eotech. It does what its supposed to do, holds its zero well and its lightweight.

Capt. R. Killin
21 Contender “Killin Time”