Silverado makes buzz when door opens

I have a problem with my 2004 Chevy Silverado that I would like to post to see if anyone has any insight-

So about 3 times a week when I walk out in the morning to go to school and I open the door this alarm/ buzzer goes off uncontrollably. It usually happens on the colder mornings. It honeslty sounds like the high pitched chime that goes off on the tv when they interrupt your program for a missing child or weather alert etc. It started a few weeks ago and was just annoying but now the volume has increased to the point where I can shut the doors go back into the house and still hear it. It usually goes on for anywhere from 3-10 minutes and I’ve tried everything I can think of to get it to stop including turning truck on and off, turning radio on and off, turning volume on off. Finally, I got it to turn off by going into the fuse box and pulling the radio fuse which stopped it. The weird thing is that it comes out of only one speaker but not the same one every time.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you , Jes Swicegood

17’ Mako

Went thru that with old dodge. Replaced radio and speakers.

NN

You have HID lighting on it? My buddy’s did pretty much the same thing as your are describing after he put in the new headlights. Interference of some sort. Only does it on startup.

??? good luck with it! :smiley:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Pull the fuse that feeds radio.

Gotta narrow it down.

NN

I did that this morning and it stopped immediately.

17’ Mako

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

You have HID lighting on it? My buddy’s did pretty much the same thing as your are describing after he put in the new headlights. Interference of some sort. Only does it on startup.

??? good luck with it! :smiley:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

No, I do not, just regular Bulbs. I think your right about interference though. Sounds almost like static built up.

17’ Mako

MY Sirius radio goes out from time to time and I have to remove the fuse and replace and everything works fine again. 2004 Chevy product also with an electrical gremlin

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Update: opened truck up today after it had been sitting 12+ hours and the noise happened again but it was coming from under the dash on the drivers side instead of a speaker. It wasn’t as loud so I poked around under the dash to see ignoring I could locate it - no luck. Again, pulled radio fuse and it stopped immediately.

17’ Mako

No anyone with electrical know-how? Maybe have a bleed off/discharge capacitor installed on the circuit to “drain” the noise…they’re cheap and effective and at least worth a try

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”