SitckIt Anchor Pins?

Was wondering if anyone has had this product installed and whether it performs the way it is intended. Looking for an alternative to the high priced power pole.

stickman has something similar (if not this exact product) he uses on his 16’ Stinger…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I made my own. I took a sched. 40 piece of 1/2" pvc, drove a 1/2" piece of EMT into it and marine epoxied a piece of 1/2" copper grounding rod into the end (I ground the end into a point). I added a T-handle at the other end. The weight of the copper grounding rod helps stick the pole into the bottom. I have only used it a couple of times but it seems to work. I mainly used it on the stern once I have put out a bow anchor to keep the boat from swinging around. It beats the $50+ the store bought ones cost. I have one for my kayak as well.

Hairball and I made our own out of fiberglass rods and pvc handle. Our 8’ stake-out pins work perfectly and were a lot chaeper than the commercial version. I will say the commercial version has a cool rubber handle. But. to me, not worth the $60 price difference. I think we ended up having like $25 tied up in each one. If that. I love mine and use ot all the time. We made them 8’ and they work great in water up to 6’ deep. Especially when you are sneaking up on your chosen fishing spot and want to anchor you bote quietly.

19’ Sea-Pro CC
“Swagger Wagon”
Yamaha 115 - 2 stroke
14’ CMF Skiff
25 Johnson - 2 stroke
14’ Heritage Redfish

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

The Stick It anchor pin is an awesome system to use. It definitely works, as I have used one many times. I would recommend getting the 8’ pole for most cases, regardless of the size of your boat. I have used them on 23’ Sea fox boats and smaller boats and they are awesome. I would suggest getting the stick it pin and just using the rope that comes with it and just tie it off to your boat. If you don’t like using it like that then go back and buy the brake to mount to your boat. I personally would just use it with the rope! Keep in mind the poles do not float though!!

HADDRELL’S POINT TACKLE & SUPPLY
Your Complete Sportfishing Center
www.haddrellspoint.com

I have one and have not used my metal anchor since, except out at the jetties. I fish in the flats and creeks a lot and it works great. Anytime we get into some fish while trolling around it is real easy to slide right in the water without even putting my rod down and anchor up without having to toss in an anchor.

quote:
Originally posted by ChasRedFish

I have one and have not used my metal anchor since, except out at the jetties. I fish in the flats and creeks a lot and it works great. Anytime we get into some fish while trolling around it is real easy to slide right in the water without even putting my rod down and anchor up without having to toss in an anchor.

Do you use it with just the rope, or with the mount?

Tidewater 196DC
Yamaha F115

Pungo 120

I bought one from Hadrells Mnt P, fantastic product. For me just using the rope is perfect…

I’ll give ya an alternative…get an 8’ grounding rod at Lowes (around 6 bucks). It’s galvanized and won’t rust. Drill hole in the non pointed end, put a shackle through the hole and tie on 8-10 feet of line to the shackle and whala, you have a cajun anchor that works…all for around $10. I use this on the bow along with my power pole to lock in my positon between docks etc…grounding rods come in two diameters, make sure you get the bigger size I believe 1/2 inch…have used mine for 4 years now, no rust and I routinely anchor in 10-14 feet of water…

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

Stick-it works fine on both skiff and heavy 22 footer. Suggest a float on the line. Remarkably it’s been knocked off the side or has come off a cleat. Once someone buried it in the sand and never cleated it to the bow. Yep, that float has saved it a few times.

Don’t know how LimitOut gets his 8 ft rod to work in 10-14 feet of water. Looking forward to the explanation.

Ya throw it like a spear straight down and it sticks in the soft bottom…very little water resistance and very little noise…

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

I have used an 8 foot Stick It for 2 years, love it. I have the rope looped around a bow rail when anchored, when storing the pole I slide the pointy end into one of my side wall rod holders. I added a tennis ball on each end of the handle, and a 2 foot section of pool noodle to the shaft below the handle. The tennis balls and noodle make it float and prevent scuff marks against the boat hull. If the current or wind is strong, I set the pole leaning into the current or wind to prevent an accidental pull out.

definately, try to avoid accidental pull out

17.5 grady cc 115 yam

salt water rules