Smallmouth recommendations

Where can I go, when can I go, and what guides to hire in Tennessee or No Carolina?

Are you just wanting to fish NC or TN? Mike McSwain guides for smallmouth on the Broad River in SC and from what I can tell he puts people on some pretty nice smallies.

I’ve actually fished with Mike. Great guy and goes the extra mile to put you on fish.

Don’t overlook or underestimate the smallmouth fishing here in SC.

In the future, where every stranger poses a potential threat, knowing the predator mindset is the only safe haven.

Xpress H20B Bay Series
Yamaha 115 SHO

If willing to fish SC …look into Lake Jocassee. I caught small mouth up to 4 lbs and an 8 lb largemouth on the lake up there. Fish with a Senko worm near any fallen trees on the edge of the lake. Water is crystal clear so use the white and chartreuse pattern. Averaged about 6 small mouth and 4 large mouth a day for 3 days. Beautiful place !

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.
“Nobody eats there anymore…It’s always too crowded.” Yogi Berra

If you’re going to spend money on a guided trip in another state, I’d recommend New River Outdoor Company in Pembroke, VA. I’ve fished with them several times at different times of the year and have never been disappointed. Citation sized smallies are pretty common and a bonus big Muskie isn’t out of the question. Plus the scenery on the New River is amazing.

In the future, where every stranger poses a potential threat, knowing the predator mindset is the only safe haven.

Xpress H20B Bay Series
Yamaha 115 SHO