Smart TV and channel choices?

I don’t watch the movies that are in Theater, but I do take advantage of the TV Shows and Movies that have been released on DVD. So, I don’t mind streaming these items.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

a VPN makes it harder to find you, not impossible to find you

quote:
Originally posted by xman

I guess some are more comfortable with it.

I’m plenty good with it. A movie star not making 5 more dollars doesn’t confront me

As far as cool shows to watch on Netflix, I like watching “Life Below Zero”. It is about folks that live way out in the Alaskan wilderness, some above the Arctic Circle. They are all half-crazy, which makes the show very entertaining.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

As far as cool shows to watch on Netflix, I like watching “Life Below Zero”. It is about folks that live way out in the Alaskan wilderness, some above the Arctic Circle. They are all half-crazy, which makes the show very entertaining.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

Hard to get past all the “F” bombs, but the Ranch is pretty good.

Not sure about modern Movies but it seems that he “F” bomb is now required. :roll_eyes:

Watched the Last Movie were the Wolverine and Professor x died (Logan) . The use of ■■■■ so much ruined it for me. Not sure the new trend. Guess it make the Actors feel tough or something?

You think those in front of the camera are the only ones who make money from movies? Stealing is still stealing, it doesn’t really matter who you steal from.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy
quote:

I guess some are more comfortable with it.

I’m plenty good with it. A movie star not making 5 more dollars doesn’t confront me

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

And I’m not a fan of SlingTV. I seems to work fine but I think I dont like the interface or something. I have used it several times just to watch CFB.

waypoint TV is an app you can download on your smart tv and it’s awesome. I pretty much just keep my tv pulled up on that.

East Cape EVOx

quote:

Sooo, you are still comfortable stealing content.

quote:
Originally posted by Clem1984
quote:

Kodi and all those associated apps are not illegal, from what I understand. As soon as you start streaming and watching pirated content, you are breaking the law. I’ve heard people brag about all the free movies (still in theaters) and I just can’t justify the stealing for myself. I guess some are more comfortable with it.

This is why I use a VPN, and suggested above that everyone else use a VPN.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

Just want to reiterate that using a VPN does not make you invisible. It is harder to find you but not impossible.

With that said, I do not think anyone is looking at users just yet, but more the content providers.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

Just want to reiterate that using a VPN does not make you invisible. It is harder to find you but not impossible.

With that said, I do not think anyone is looking at users just yet, but more the content providers.

As common as it is, and more and more people using it every day, there is no way users could be targeted. It would seem to me the only ways it could be stopped would be to go after the providers, or somehow interrupt the stream between the server and the ■■■■■■■■■. Everytime one add on shuts down, two more pop up!

It happened with music. Users went to jail of illegal downloads of music

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy
quote:

As common as it is, and more and more people using it every day, there is no way users could be targeted. It would seem to me the only ways it could be stopped would be to go after the providers, or somehow interrupt the stream between the server and the ■■■■■■■■■. Everytime one add on shuts down, two more pop up!

https://betanews.com/2017/09/27/kodi-tvaddons-operator-named/

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/07/kodi-addons-phoenix-zemtv-dish-network-lawsuit/

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dish-wins-early-round-lawsuit-third-party-kodi-add-ons/

As I said - they have to go after the add ons. Kodi is a platform. I hated to see phoenix go. It was a good one. A lot of these add ons and servers (from what I read) are in the far east. Good luck getting them. We’ll see though!

quote:

You have a link?

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-ever-gone-to-jail-for-downloading-streaming-pirated-movies

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/sep/11/minnesota-woman-songs-illegally-downloaded

Just first 2 that came up. You can look for yourself

I think the key words here that get used as if the same are ‘download’ and ‘stream’. They are not the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Ithaca37

I think the key words here that get used as if the same are ‘download’ and ‘stream’. They are not the same.

That is kinda true. In order to stream there is downloading. Maybe not the entire movie but there is portion of a copyrighted material on the drive.

quote:

Whom?

quote:

I believe some heavy fines were also levied.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?