Smoke detector chirping

Replaced batteries in all of them and it’s still chirping! :question::question::question:

try turning off the breaker or disconnect it from the power with the battery out. Also most have a reset button. Push that and hold it 10 seconds or so and then hook it back up and install the battery. I had one chirping and it was because I had not shut the little battery door all the way.

Thank you! Think I got it. Don’t know what I did, but took it off the base and it quit! Put it back on and so far no chirping! The Wife was the one *****ing! I’ll never get any sleep with that noise! I asked her if she wanted to go to a motel! Not going to tell her how I did it:wink:

Man, I had to buy a new one last month, didn’t know it was a talking one till I installed the battery! That thing has a womans voice that will make you leave the house! Just keep on and on.

What does it say:question:

Not sure if this applies to all of them or not, but some units and the 02 alarms have a life date on them and will not reset/shutup even with new batteries[:0][:0][:0]

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Gail, all I know at this point, is I have both the Wife and the detector shut up! I’m good! Don’t know which one is the worst to listen to! Has to be the wife! The detector, you can just unplug and it stops:face_with_head_bandage:

oooook:smiley:

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Man, I had to buy a new one last month, didn’t know it was a talking one till I installed the battery! That thing has a womans voice that will make you leave the house! Just keep on and on.

I found this oddly satisfying. I’m not sure why.

I had a relative years ago who used to see little green men on the foot of his bed. He got enough of it one night and pulled out his gun and shot the place up.

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

Pee, I had an old Aunt, that called me to come over and find that (**()ed Cricket, in her house! She had been looking for 4 or 5 months and couldn’t find it! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

The thing says " EXIT THE PREMISES " DANGER" over and over again! It tells you whether it’s smoke or carbon monoxide. the thing came with a 10 year battery. Like to have never found out how to reset it. It came with a piece of paper sticking out that said to activate pull paper, then all H broke loose, scared my motherinlaw to death!

Had Summerville FD come to my house to remove a snake the cleaning lady found! She called me at work and I told her to call 911! It turned out to be a milk snake, but she wasn’t going back into the house until they looked around real good! I tried to give the FD a cash donation but they wouldn’t take it, so went to Lowes and bought 20 Smoke detectors and donated them! Maybe helped save someone:question: Turned out, the cleaning lady left the back door open, for the dog to go in and out and the snake came in

We need more “Easys” in this world!!!

author unknown

Cant beat the local FD! Great play Easy!