So I picked the wrong area to fish today, 12/6....

but it was still a great trip. It wouldn’t have been the “wrong” area but for Team Banshee’s 90lb 11oz grouper/snapper benchmark that we did not get near today.

I’m really thankful to have been out there with an extremely generous gentleman who loves to bottom fish as much as I do. We took his boat and used his gas today and shared some stories and good times. Shadowgrass and my buddy Chris rounded out our 4 man team. I had to make shadowgrass leave his fly rod at home since we were supposed to be tournament fishing. Maybe that was the whole problem. :face_with_head_bandage:

We filled the boat up with fish, but not the right kind. Chris caught two snappers. The bigger, we got a pic of that I’ll put up later.

Caught more short gags and short ARS’s than I’ve ever seen in one trip this time of year. Most of the gags were a tremendous 18 inches while the snapper ranged from 9 inches to 19 and 15/16 inches. It became laughable by the end of the day.

No keeper grouper but 3 keeper ARS and limits of everything else.

Had a great time boys, I’m glad we were able to make it out there. I’ll do better next time.

Luke 8:22-25

yes the grouper have moved on,5 dives and maybe 1-2 gags were seen from a distance,nothing like they usually are in that area.

you weren’t fishing with rubber hooks or anything,they just aren’t there.

i tried to call you on the radio but never reached you…

I’m sure you fished your heart out.

How many more teams left to fish?

28.5sportcraft twin evinrude 150 ocean pros (Deceased may she rest in peace)

Sounds like you had a good time wish I could of made it. :roll_eyes:

“look low and away…But watch out for in your ear.”

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
Yamaha F150

quote:
Originally posted by edisto-fisher

Sometimes you are the bug,sometimes you are the windshield.

I know you fished hard,bolbie might be smarter than any of us know.

I like my snapper on the grill with cornbread, girts, and butter beans.

Thanks for the report.

Are you giving lessons now?

www.purposeonecharters.com
captainrick@purposeonecharters.com

EF -who wrote that song?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by purposeone
quote:

Thanks for the report.

Cooking lessons maybe. Were you interested in the recipe for the snapper, cornbread, or butterbeans?

What, from what I said, makes you think I am giving lessons or even speaking in a haughty way?

Truth is,the sun don’t shine on the same dogs arse every day.

Getting told “how” the conditions are gonna b and then getting called and hearing I told you so.

Don’t make me dig in my bag of ef dirt.

:face_with_head_bandage:

quote:
Originally posted by Gut Wrench

yes the grouper have moved on,5 dives and maybe 1-2 gags were seen from a distance,nothing like they usually are in that area.

you weren’t fishing with rubber hooks or anything,they just aren’t there.

i tried to call you on the radio but never reached you…

Heard Paul on the VHF talking about you near him. Sorry we didn’t hear you.

No pics of all the fish?

1996 21’ TROPHY
1996 150 MARINER

How deep were you Wes?

1996 21’ TROPHY
1996 150 MARINER

quote:
Originally posted by FLORIDA BOY

How deep were you Wes?

1996 21’ TROPHY
1996 150 MARINER

Depths: 111, 55, 105, 68, 78, 102, 98, 93, 85, 95, 80, 75, 65, 72, 61, 58

Water temps: between 61 and 64.

Bait: squid, diamond jig, butterfly jig, bucktail jig, B liner, tomtate, ringtail, bonita, cigar minnow, rudderfish, …

Rigs: circle hook, octopus hook, J hook, carolina rig, snell rig, zipper rig, chicken rig, siwash hooks, treble hooks, ,

It did not matter. Picked the wrong area I tell you. :sunglasses:

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the report.

Cooking lessons maybe. Were you interested in the recipe for the snapper, cornbread, or butterbeans?

What, from what I said, makes you think I am giving lessons or even speaking in a haughty way?

Truth is,the sun don’t shine on the same dogs arse every day.

Getting told “how” the conditions are gonna b and then getting called and hearing I told you so.

Don’t make me dig in my bag of ef dirt.

:face_with_head_bandage:

You now act like you never called me abo

Phin’s stock went up 100+ points in my book. He had trouble with crew backing out and changing boats, etc but he didn’t complain about it one bit and found a way to fish. Some times the fish just don’t cooperate and there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it. It sounds like he did better than a LOT of other boats out there that fished the same day. Good job on the fish that you did catch though.

Sressrelief- On a lighter note, to answer your question about who wrote the song that EF quoted the line out of - Mark Knopfler- Dire Straits back in the 80’s. Great song with a great message.

Mike Austin
“HATTERASER”

quote:
quote:

…Your words were “I told you and Phin…” That is saying that you know better than both us…that gets old…little interweb sparring has you a little too tweaked out on this one…when your Suzukis went down last tourney I did not call you and say see I told you so… which i could have based on my knowledge of the condition of the engines…

When you said you did not do so good in shallow water,thats when I said “I tried to tell you”.

That is haughty aka rubbing it in…which you do like to do

quote:

It matters not anymore. To me all that stuff is on the other side of that bridge you set ablaze. I think I will get me a dirt-bag and started putting things in it.

Funny how that stuff works, huh? Dirt-bags I mean.

Should have left the dirt part out…it was over the top and distracting from my point…the last thing I wanted to hear last night was “I tried to tell you…”

It does bother me to think that your inaccurate opinion was empowered by our catches yesterday…because there is more to them than what you see or think you see…

I do feel that you could be more humble in this…

why don’t both of you just STFU?

ef: nice to finally meet you the other day.

p1: hope your doing good.

phin: sorry I couldn’t make the trip and make the boat situation difficult. hope you had fun and I look forward to making a trip soon.

quote:
Originally posted by HATRASSR

Sressrelief- On a lighter note, to answer your question about who wrote the song that EF quoted the line out of - Mark Knopfler- Dire Straits back in the 80’s. Great song with a great message.

Mike Austin
“HATTERASER”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Im sorry Sir -----The correct answer would be ---Porter Wagner sometime in the early 60s as I was in Grammer school the frist time I heard it. May have been earlier by some one else.