Soft shell crab

They are in now. Anybody going out for them (restaurant)? Where have you had them? How were they done? And, what did you pay? Just curious. Seems like people go crazy for them. So many restaurants in town now.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

They are good. I have only had them fried.

do you do them this time of year jipride?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I miss Penny’s trips with her Daddy! Get better Penny:kissing_closed_eyes:

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

do you do them this time of year jipride?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Yes we have them. I get them from a shedder in Mcclellanville. I’m just curious what others have seen around town. They have gotten really expensive over the last few years.

Karma is 360 degrees

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I miss Penny’s trips with her Daddy! Get better Penny:kissing_closed_eyes:

place went downhill fast when she went down. man i miss her too.

you can buy a box of softshells in mcclellanville. don’t remember how much. not bad though.

the menu prices are out of my league. same for shad roe. supply/demand in the land of tourists i suppose

Yeah Pee, all those Yankees coming South, to eat up all the Shad Roe[:0] Gets worse and worse every year. Pretty soon, the state will have to limit how much roe a tourist is allowed to eat! It’s getting out of control. You can’t go anywhere, without seeing people from Ohio, with Shad Roe dripping from their chins, passed out over plates of roe remnants ! Disgusting, displays of gluttony. Something must be done:smiley:

How does the state of Ohio operate when all the population is out of the state all the time! See more Ohio tags on the road than any other

They have toll booths and charge them coming and going! They get charged more when heading South and when returning from the South.

Time for a spider roll!

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

SS crabs are selling for ridiculous prices in Beaufort County. Sea Eagle $7.50, Bluffton Oyster Factory $8.00! These prices probably work out to around $50.00 per pound. Not worth it…

It is early in the season! Do you think the price will come down later, or is it set now that they are paying the prices asked:question: You know, it’s not like you go out all the time for soft shells. They are something special you only eat once or twice a year, so you don’t mind paying the price:smiley:

The price from this year to last has gone up almost 2 bucks per crab cost for us. As Easy points out they are only here for a limited time and people enjoy them. We have gone through 6 flats of them in 4 days so the demand is there.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

^^^^^^ We are seeing the same.

Karma is 360 degrees

Jeez…you would think someone could figure out how to raise these things. At that price you could make a fortune.

There is a place in Darien Ga. that does that.

oc

Went to Ellis Creek Fish Camp place on Harborview to have some but they were out by the time we got there. Said they sold out the first hour.