Sol Legare

Are there any concerns with using the Sol Legare boat landing when putting in a bigger boat around 29-30 feet?

I put my 21 in from time to time.

When the wind is out of the west blowing towards the ramp the waves can get quite large hiting the poat right in the stern. So if you dont have guide rails it can push it all over.

The dock is small making tying up difficult but if you have some one to back the truck in and out is is alot easier. I dont go when it is just me and the family.

I dont know how far that ramp extends under the water the water with the current that rips though that are I would assume it might have a drop off.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

Its a small dock, with really only enough room to dock a boat on there, and this is from a guy with a 18’ skiff. plus the parking there isn’t all that great. You may be better off putting in at riverland terrace.

East Cape EVOx

I wouldn’t, especially at low tide. Not worth the risk to the boat. Folly ramp is perfect for that, just a few miles down the road.

“No… it’s okay, I know the way out…”

I wouldn’t, especially at low tide. Not worth the risk to the boat. Folly ramp is perfect for that, just a few miles down the road.

“No… it’s okay, I know the way out…”

parking is the big issue. I have launched 13-26 ft boats there for many years, no problems. But, the parking has been getting worse every year, now i use folly as my primary. I actually like the landing due to its location to the ocean and kiawah island.

05’ 22 McKee Craft Freedom
98’ 13 Boston Whaler Dauntless

parking is the big issue. I have launched 13-26 ft boats there for many years, no problems. But, the parking has been getting worse every year, now i use folly as my primary. I actually like the landing due to its location to the ocean and kiawah island.

05’ 22 McKee Craft Freedom
98’ 13 Boston Whaler Dauntless

I’ve launched a 26’ boat there. No problem getting it in the water but like others said, the parking spots were short for the truck and trailer. We had a couple tires of the trailer hanging over the edge when we parked… reversed in because of the length.

I’ve launched a 26’ boat there. No problem getting it in the water but like others said, the parking spots were short for the truck and trailer. We had a couple tires of the trailer hanging over the edge when we parked… reversed in because of the length.