Solo trip sat 22-mon 24

Gonna head out sat night, had the motors reworked/etc and all has been fine on testing on striper fishing trips and I pushed both motors to the limit, so sat night I’m heading out solo till maybe Monday out to the commache and the ledge and beyond for high speed and low speed trolling doing it solo cause I want to make for sure everything works great before I put anyone else life on the line, so if ur out give me a holler on 68

Should be out sunday. 68 Catching Chaos
Be careful man.

2018 Sea Fox 226 Commander
Catching Chaos

Your gonna get sea monstered if your fishing solo. Id fish the ledge all night. Ive been on a handful of over nighters and less than 140 is mostly sharks. If you anchor at the ledge your boat will swing with the tide and you will fish like 150ft to 200. You can watch the species change as the night goes by and they either come by or you drift over them. Beliners, AJs and reds and silky snapper, then porgys, then the see monsters show up at like 1 to 3 am and destroy anything in the water, they leave and ajs are back.

If you night fish the ledge close to 5lb beliners are not uncommon.

DNR is only going to consider it a one day trip for fish limits, so don’t get caught up in that.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Thanks guys for the advice, I really appreciate, also never did it accure to me about the what u catch in a day and stay out and continue to counts as one day, makes a lot of sense , understand, weather now starting to look bumpy Saturday night, but Sunday in to Monday still looking like a dream to be fishing , gonna keep watching and plan according, nothing but another kidney stone can stop me from going, lol!, might just have to leave a little later, wanting to at least be at the ledge by sunrise Sunday and ready to troll…

quote:
Originally posted by rebelstate

Thanks guys for the advice, I really appreciate, also never did it accure to me about the what u catch in a day and stay out and continue to counts as one day, makes a lot of sense , understand, weather now starting to look bumpy Saturday night, but Sunday in to Monday still looking like a dream to be fishing , gonna keep watching and plan according, nothing but another kidney stone can stop me from going, lol!, might just have to leave a little later, wanting to at least be at the ledge by sunrise Sunday and ready to troll…

What kinda boat are you in?

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

2017 Robalo R302 twin 300 yams “Roballin”

24ft cc, twins etc…