Somebody at USC should get fired....

for buying a 20 year old on archaic software system to run their university’s finance & HR operations.

http://www.thenerve.org/usc-peoplesoft/

It really is criminal that folks could make such a bad decision at a public institution without any repercussions.

They had better options to choose from.

end of rant! :smiley:

You’d be shocked how screwed up and out of date most state agencies are when it comes to It related stuff. It isn’t just USC, trust me.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

DF, Ive been working with state agencies and higher ed for 15 years, from a technology perspective, so trust me I know the market well and I’m far from shocked, and you are right.

In this specific instance there was a much better option but the USC administrators ran a terrible selection process and had their head in the sand by listening to business partners who only had their wallets in mind.

I work on military base, I use windows 98 and dial up…

quote:
Originally posted by shevy

DF, Ive been working with state agencies and higher ed for 15 years, from a technology perspective, so trust me I know the market well and I’m far from shocked, and you are right.

In this specific instance there was a much better option but the USC administrators ran a terrible selection process and had their head in the sand by listening to business partners who only had their wallets in mind.

What I am seeing all over the place is people that were not smart enough to get a "real" degree, ended up getting business degrees. Now those people are telling the smart people what to do and how to do it. Words like "Streamlined accounting, and Inventory control" piss me right the F off.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Yep that drives me crazy too

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by shevy

What I am seeing all over the place is people that were not smart enough to get a "real" degree, ended up getting business degrees. Now those people are telling the smart people what to do and how to do it. Words like "Streamlined accounting, and Inventory control" piss me right the F off.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

As a guy with a business degree that hurts :smiley: Seriously though I think what we don’t have is a degree for common sense and their seems to be a real lack of it in the business world these days as well as the world as a whole.

Freaking business degree isn’t easy. Accounting and statistics is no cake walk.

ONE thing Donald Trump and I have in common is a Wharton MBA. If you think it’s easy, just try it!

ZX

quote:

[/quote]

I’ve got a business degree along with one in Aviation. The business degree was harder IMO than the Aviation degree. So what’s your degree in that you can state a business degree isn’t “real”?

Maybe you should have gotten a business degree and then you could also be telling other what to do, instead of being pissed right the F off. And you call me an “Asshat”?

Where you need to place your anger would be upper management for hiring someone just for a degree and not a degree with experience. :question: That’s what I’ve seen.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Fritz catching more fish in here than at good day at the grillage.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

I’ve got a business degree along with one in Aviation. The business degree was harder IMO than the Aviation degree. So what’s your degree in that you can state a business degree isn’t “real”?

Maybe you should have gotten a business degree and then you could also be telling other what to do, instead of being pissed right the F off. And you call me an “Asshat”?

Where you need to place your anger would be upper management for hiring someone just for a degree and not a degree with experience. :question: That’s what I’ve seen.
[/quote]

You mad bro?

It’s good to know I was in your head so much at 1:41 AM and again at 6:16am. Warms my cold heart.

lol

Insane.

http://www.thenerve.org/usc-spent-millions-for-software-it-already-had/

quote:

It’s good to know I was in your head so much at 1:41 AM and again at 6:16am. Warms my cold heart.

Never mad at you fritz, just don’t understand your anger over a business degree.

I sleep very little and work very odd hours. Never much over 4 hours in a stretch. Can’t get much done sleeping. I can sleep when they nail me in my coffin.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”