Sonic boom?

Did anyone hear and feel it this morning? I’m on James Island. Shook the whole house around 8:30

http://www.live5news.com/story/35351875/reports-of-boom-shaking-in-the-lowcountry

I was working on Daniel island this morning and heard something that sounded like thunder but only happend once could have been that.

Rumour is it was no.3 piston of a Yamaha HPDI running Stono Inlet

quote:
Originally posted by P-K

Rumour is it was no.3 piston of a Yamaha HPDI running Stono Inlet

not that you’d know how that sounds…

I just heard it was one of chads verados blowing up.

Have had a lot of Mercs blow and none ever made a noise, just locked up!

My wife said she heard on the radio that SC had a minor earthquake. Do earthquakes make noise?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

You can hear them if your close enough! Plus if it’s big enough, you can hear the buildings hit the ground:smiley::imp::wink:

I read somewhere that the 1886 quake made a hell of a lot of noise. People thought that an ammo dump near Summerville had exploded as well as other other explanations. Read up on that quake, very interesting event.

oc

The USGS real time earthquake page shows the only recorded EQ’s as a 1.6 on May 3rd in Chapin, SC and a 2.5 on April 21 in Evens, Ga.

quote:
Originally posted by interceptor4

I just heard it was one of chads verados blowing up.

No problem. Singles are fine.

quote:
Originally posted by RWL

The USGS real time earthquake page shows the only recorded EQ’s as a 1.6 on May 3rd in Chapin, SC and a 2.5 on April 21 in Evens, Ga.

The one in Chapin was under lake monticello…no es bueno

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson