South Fla Peacock Bass

We were down in Lauderdale in early January & booked a guide(Alan Zaramba) to take myself & my son for his 14th bday peacock bass fishing in the canals & lakes of South Fla. We had a blast & fished freshwater canals in some of the roughest parts of Miami & Opa Locka. Caught a dozen nice bass with the daymaker being over 6lbs. Also got some small snook & largemouth bass. We didn’t try for the other exotics & the peacocks were already bedding & it was a lot of sight casting on beds for them. I can’t post pics on here but if you are on Instagram i’ve posted a bunch of pics there.

Those are some beautiful fish. Great way to spend time with your son, making memories.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thanks for this. I am looking at doing a similar trip possibly next year.

https://www.postandcourier.com/tideline_magazine/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-bass-doesn-t-require-traveling-to-brazil/article_e33e44fa-2642-11e9-afea-736af2b96c5c.html

21 Contender

and inside back page of the sports section in today’s paper…cool article Ted…good stuff…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Nice article in the P&C, Ted!

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

I remember watching a guide on T.V. go to kiss a peacock bass on the head before the release dang thing flopped around and cut the heck out of his lip!

They are some beautiful fish. Do they eat good?