Speaking of Flooring...

Does anyone here install carpet or know someone who does?
I am remodeling (new window/door trim and baseboard) my living room and intend on having some new carpet put down as well.
Do the baseboards go in first and carpet fit to it or would the carpet go in first and then baseboards? A quick google search basically says either way is fine but I want to have it prepped how the installer prefers.
I will be doing all the woodwork myself and just need someone to install the carpet. I just want to be sure I prep the room correctly and do it in the proper order of operations. PM’s or replies here will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Personally, I would complete all wood work including base. I would also prime and paint all woodwork prior to carpet going in and them touch up the dings the carpet guys create.

This allows for flexibility when you have carpet replaced again.

If you put carpet down and molding on top, you will have to rip out your woodwork to replace the carpet in future.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Yes the base boards will go in first
then the tackstrip will be nailed against the base boards

If you would leave a 1/4 inch gap under the base board your installer will be happier and you will get a better looking job

I would install it for you but I’m in Lexington or if you are close give me a call

Wells Flooring 803 553-1206

BRIAN WELLS

Thanks guys! Brian, I appreciate the offer but I am in Hanahan! Reckon I will complete the trim and see about getting the carpet installed after!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Leave the base up by using a piece of the base itself laid flat on the floor as a spacer.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne