Speaking of Nukes, Tanksgt

Mentioned 3 Nuke plants in Florida on Stumps Scalloping post.

Didn’t want to put this there, but guess what.

After 13 years, Unit 3 at Plant Vogtle may finally go commercial this weekend, pending todays final test…I have heard Unit 4 is coming along due to lessons learned. Makes sense.

Worth it?? Can’t say, as it seems difficult to get actual numbers…yet.

NN

1 Like

Who was the Contractor on the failed Santee Nuclear Plant?

Was it Westinghouse?

I might have a story to share.

1 Like

SC nukes were same as Vogtle. Westinghouse AP1000. They went bankrupt during all of this.

Mother company is Toshiba.

NN

1 Like

Cool! I did a remodel/deck for a guy that was an Engineer on Three Mile Island, all the way to the Santee Project.

He told me the Santee Project was doomed from the get go.

Westinghouse demanded inferior rebar, concrete, all the way to the electrical panels.

He was a Foreman on the project, and, frankly, told me there would never be another Nuclear Plant built in North America, due to the Bureaucracy.

What can you add?

Way back, I’ve always longed for a “cookie cutter” design for all American Nuclear plant like they do in Europe. If only we could do more Nuclear Plants with a side hustle of them producing Hydrogen to power vehicles and then convert a lot of existing ones to run on hydrogen. I guess too much money invested in a doomed EV push currently using LI batteries and a weak power grid.

We could write a strongly worded letter to NERC you know to get to the bottom of things?

https://www.nerc.com/gov/bot/Pages/default.aspx

Well, That didn’t workout…

NN