Spinfisher V 7500

Any experience with these, good or bad? My local PSA had them on a clearance table so I picked one up for $90. Went ahead and loaded with 60# braid so it’s ready to go to Key Largo.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

2017 Robalo R302 twin 300 yams “Roballin”

quote:
Originally posted by FLORIDA_BOY2

Any experience with these, good or bad? My local PSA had them on a clearance table so I picked one up for $90. Went ahead and loaded with 60# braid so it’s ready to go to Key Largo.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

That’s a deal. Any more?

They had 1 of each 4500, 5500, 6500, 7500

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

Mike I have used 2 reels out of the spinfisher V series and had mixed results. I had a 6500 that lasted for 3-4 seasons and I liked it allot. It held up great with no issues. Was a strong reel that had no problem reeling in 4-5 ft blacktop sharks or huge rays so it was a strong reel that I never had any issues with. I ended up giving it to a friend, and as far as I know it is still working today. I also had 2 8500’s and one of the two of those did have problems fairly quick and I had it repaired under warranty( within first year) and sold it at a pawn shop after it got fixed. The other 8500 didn’t have any issues and I sold it to someone else that liked the reels. The V series is now being replaced by the six series and will be sold for a discounted rate at many places. The VI series just came out and has some improvements. It has better sealing than the V series, lighter, better CNC gearing that is a little more durable and smoother than the V series. The reels aren’t as smooth as say a Shimano Spheros or Saragosa, but they have metal bodies and are commonly referred to as work horse reels or tanks. The V series has some good sealing to help protect against corrosian and salt water spray. The new VI series has recieved solid reviews so far and only time will tell. I’m going to get one of the new VI series reels and put it to the the test in the surf. With all the salt and sand that comes with beach fishing it will be exposed if it isn’t up to par, but with the heavy sealing it has good potential. So in short I really liked my 6500 but my 8500 had issues pretty quick. Good luck on your trip, catch chum up:smiley:

We use the 6500s for charter service. The weak points are the whole bail system, bearings and the main gear. Easy to keep in good shape if you replace those parts when needed.

Rap on the new VI line they upgraded the gearing. I think from the 6500 on up they have brass if I’m not mistaken. I’m going to pull the trigger on the new 6500 from Haddrels, they extend the warranty for an additional year when purchased from them. The buzz has been pretty good on the new VI line from what I have gathered. We shall see.

I run the 6500, 7500 and 8500s all on #50 braid. Never had any issues out of them. Reeled up a nice 8 to 9 foot shark at the Y73 a few months ago on the 6500. They’re cheap and get the job done.

www.holycitycharterco.com
www.cwrpowersports.com

Fountain 32CC with that Verado power