Spring Guide Scouting for Big Reds

Hadn’t been fishing in a while, thought I’d soak the little boat and try some new water.

Long story short, I meet this guy at the ramp that smelled like gin, had a beat up pair of costas dangling from his neck, some walmart fishing gear, a case of schitty rice beer, and a pullover parka that had Hopie or Hopy, or something like that in big letters. He said some cat in a 23 foot sailfish was supposed to be there an hour ago to take him fishing at marker 39, but there he still sat. After talking to him a few minutes I realized he knew the area fairly well, so I asked him if he’d like to ride with me as I was alone and had plenty of room and no schitty rice beer. Win Win

Well, we no sooner get on the water when this big newish looking bay boat zooms by us on plane with this tanned regal looking man at the helm. His frosty locks were literally flowing in the wind behind his matching hat and visor. Well, to my amazement he came off plane right in front of us and quickly moved to the front of his boat grabbing a 9 foot castnet, and with one giant swoop pulled literally 100’s of pieces of bait into the boat.

I knew right then and right there we were onto something.

So anyway, we decided to follow this guy, he obviously knew where he was going, what he was doing, and where the fish were. After all, we were after big reds, breeders if you will, and we figured as long as we didn’t get right on top of him he should be used to it.

Boy were we ever right. Let me tell you that regal feller with the fancy boat and killer hair put us on fish most of the morning. When we would catch all the fish in one place he’d pull up anchor and go to another spot, then wait for us to get close before smiling and catching a few more fish. I’m pretty sure he wanted us to catch a lot of fish too, because every time we moved places he went faster and faster, I guess to show us some more of his honey holes. What a nice guy and a great day on the water.

I wish I’d tak

Thanks for that detailed report, sir! Just one question, was the “Guide” wearing McClellanville Moccasins?

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

Not a bad way to earn some good karma! Well done EF. About time:+1: I think I’m going to try to get the better half a bucket mouth on a frog this afternoon. You’ve given me some inspiration.

And SOB I didn’t make my post before I commented so now I have to wait til tomorrow… your post got me all worked up and excited ha

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

going?

Helped a friend swap a VST just now, about to see how we did in a few…

Fishing Nerd

…well, some fishing too!

Results! It’s running like a top now! 6k RPM seeing 40 MPH.

Fishing Nerd

…well, some fishing too!

1 Like

getting the *band back together… frickin’ old school

I can’t reckon if its true or not, but I believe I voted for one of them fellas…and he lost.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Nice

Haha, EF/Fake Admin has to use two guides to even have a chance at catching fush…

Only reason the fish looks decent size is because the midget holding it is doing the Charleston push for the fush… Also, what’s up with the Red Baron flying his single wing bird in the background…

RBF

Even though we don’t see eye to eye on some sh*t, we still do on some others. Welcome back knucklehead. Got a chuckle out of that.

Fishing Nerd

…well, some fishing too!

What I say here, and what I truly believe, are separate topics…

You’ll keep bad mouthing admin, and they’re likely to give RBF admin rights… RBF is y’alls punishment, hence why admin “unbanded” me…

RBF

Yet another way we differ. You see, there’s no phoney in me. I won’t say a word here that won’t say to your face. There’s a few more like that here, but you and some other are not on that list. This isn’t the time for all of that, though.

Hey, try not to get banded again while your back in session. Good luck:+1:

Fishing Nerd

…well, some fishing too!

Nah, I’m not phony one bit. I just often play Devil’s Advocate and have stated as such very early on… People just get pizzy too easily these dayz…

BTW, you seem like a good dude, so here’s a bumper sticker for your collection… :smiley:

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/15483400-playing-devils-advocate

RBF

sublime prose EF

You know it’s a big thread when wang and Strickland show up

Big Danga…

RBF

glad you are picking up what I’m laying down. I got a kick out of it, great day on the water

when you can get strickland to post, you’ve done yeoman’s work. or get him outta the barcalounger. know that

More like Hillbilly Jabberwocky…

RBF