Spring is almost here!

My early Blueberries have started flowering and I heard frogs last night. Had to pull my t-shirt off yesterday. It’s almost here. Just hope we don’t get a late frost. I’m late on planting my potatoes, kale, onions and carrots. Gonna scale back a bit this year. Deer are just too much, even in my little fenced in area.

1 Like

My lettuce and broccoli are looking good, but not liking the hot temps we’ve been having. Hopefully it doesn’t start to shoot!

I did plant some knockout roses for the wife on the side of the house a few days ago. Those are already producing little buds. Spring is almost here!

The apple trees are starting to produce leaves already.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

And my blueberries you gave me aren’t doing much. I figured I’d let them go through April and see if they start to look better. If not, I’m yanking them out. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I’m sure I could get you some more sprouts or if mine do well you are welcome pick all you care to.

If you ever decide you want any cypress, We can meet over at Mom and Dad’s and find a few. Or you can just look at a couple of his little ponds and see if you even want any. They are the best tree to border a pond to keep the bank from eroding. You can travel most any of our rivers and see this. They grow down before they really go up. I’ve been in the cement quarries as they are preparing a new area and stripping top soil … 14 feet down in some areas. And people think Pines have a deep tap root. :smiley:

Hope you are doing well!! About time for another field trip for you and some more pics for us. I’ve been talking with the wife, I want to go spend a bit in British Columbia on the way up to Alaska. Fly out to Washington and rent something? Or maybe ride up to N.D. and travel across the state through the Bad lands one last time… In the Summer of course. Or at a minimum go on an Alaskan Cruise.

Grapefruit time…we’ll see what happens.

That’s awesome. Can’t go wrong with a fresh grapefruit. I envy you guys so close to the coast. I’ve tried for 30 years to grow citrus trees. No luck. I do have one that has survived about 15 years, but never had any fruit.

Nice fish, and I think that dock looks familiar. :+1:

1 Like

We planted a bunch of flowers this weekend and put out 40 bags of mulch. Lowes stock should be ticking up a bit…

My first time planting tulips and gladiolas. The plan is to keep planting perennials and never have to buy the annuals that die every year again.

Never messed with Tulips, but have some Gladiolas. The only real maintenance to keep them doing well is to dig up the bulbs and move them up closer to the surface. They seem to get deeper and do not do as well after a couple of years. Depending on how tall they get you may have to stake them. My Grandmother would always dig Hers up in the fall and replant in the spring. She used to supply flowers Weekly for the Sunday Church service. Guess she was worried about the cold getting the bulbs?? I’ve never done that.

Gladiolas are very hardy, you can still find them in the woods from time to time were an old home sight used to be, or along the edge of ditches. I need to get off my tail and get my potatoes planted.

Was driving a good bit above Orangeburg this past week. Tulip trees all around in full bloom! One of my maples blooming and I’ve got some blueberries flowering. Probably get destroyed from a late frost.

Screw that d@mn groundhog & 6 more weeks of winter.
The pollen is kicking my butt. Never has bothered me before. Probably the last 6 or 7 years. And I think he gets worse every year. Need to go offshore.

That’s just father time brother. :laughing:

Yeah, the Cedars are cutting the pollen loose up here!

Like a yellow fog, early this morning.

This might be one of our earliest springs yet! Live Oaks already loosing leaves. Let’s hope we don’t get a late frost!! Beautiful out there this morning!

1 Like

We’re having a vicious pollen storm not sure of accumulation projections but may have to call out the snow removal teams! Dang it’s thick!

There’s your sign

Highway 17 from exit 33 to johnsonboro it’s hazy looking. But it’s just big clouds of pollen coming out of the forest.

Same up here, on I-26, from Spartanburg to Newberry.

I kind of figured this last hard rain would have cleared it up a bit… Nope. This doesn’t show it well but headed to Beaufort this afternoon and several areas with nothing but huge yellow clouds.

Warm weather and No more rain chances until Friday. This week things will probably get pretty Yellow!

Same here, Bay. No azalea blooms for Masters this year.

NN

Got home last night me and my leather had a yellow tinge .