Stall High School

Is there an alternative if you live in this district, maybe Fort Dorchester or something else. Are there schools of choice where you can live out of district?

Look up “No Child Left Behind Act”. I believe this act allows kids from “failing” school districts to get a bus ride to a better one. I don’t know what the “failing” criteria is or where these records can be found but I’m sure google can answer that for you.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

Thanks

I think your options are, get into the CCSD Academic Magnet school, private school or move. I don’t think you can get a kid into another school district or HS unless you work for the school district. I have friends that have sold their house and moved just to get into a better public school. It was cheaper than private. And I have also seen people move just to get their kid on a better HS baseball team for scouting and scholarships. It’s not as easy as saying I want a new school district, my kid doesn’t want to go to the HS we are zoned for. Doesn’t work that way.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

It’s worth a look. I’m pretty sure I had kids ride my bus to Wando in HS that were supposed to go to Stall. They would be on the bus for 3-4 hours a day they lived so far away. I believe there were a few dozen kids that did this at Wando.

First, Most, Biggest

We have kids in the fdhs zone go to Ashley ridge. But they are both Dorchester district 2 schools. Not sure how it works when you want to cross over districts. Both my boys went to fdhs. It’s a good school. The current principal has done a very good job raising the standards

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Thanks for the info