Standing Rib Roast - $5.79 Lb

Not sure if it is all stores but, Publix in Columbia is selling Standing Rib Roasts for $5.79 Lb, We buy them and have them cut into 1" steaks (Ribeye). We get 8 - 9 steaks out of one and a rack of ribs. This is a killer deal. You will not find Ribeye steaks for $5.79 lb anywhere else unless it is out the back of a truck near Walmart.

I don’t think a lot of people buy it because they either don’t know how to cook a SRR or they do not realize it is Ribeye steaks. Every time I buy one, someone asks what it is and how you cook it. When I tell them it is Ribeye steaks they can’t believe it.

1 Like

Thanks, Doug. Tis the season for these. Have been doing like you for awhile. Vacuum seal steaks and good for awhile. And the ribs, oh yes! Ya ever notice beef ribs in a store for sale?? Looks like a coyote took all the meat off, lol.

Thanks
NN

Meant to post a couple of days ago but forgot. Oops. Yeah, we vacuum seal them and they last quite a while.

Going in the oven for Xmas dinner - Prime Rib. Bought a second just because it was on sale - will have to slice them up and cook them up as a ribeye. Good call!

I don’t know if I’d trust myself cooking a whole one but, the steaks are delicious.

I snagged some from Publix today!!

Thanks again
NN

Yep, got 3 today and getting about 10 or more tomorrow…

DFree with the second bargain post of the year… and it’s a good one!

I’ve never gotten a SRR but i’m going today, y’all have finally tempted me enough!

And my wife says I am useless. HAH

All the ones here are bone in. I just take them up to the butcher and have them cut into steaks.

Deleted because I thought “deboned” meant I had a solid hunk of ribeye. Turns out it means they cut the ribs off and just packaged them underneath the muscle

So we are buying bone. On the trade that’s called @ rat packing

Yeah, you get a thin slab of beef ribs so yes, you are paying for some bone. You still won’t find ribeye steaks cheaper than that unless you’re buying from a guy in a truck in the Walmart parking lot.

*reel time report

NICE!!! (stupid 10 character rule)