Standup paddling the Ride 135

I’ve had a lot of questions about the Ride 135. Is it easy to stand in? Can I paddle it standing up? What about if the wind is blowing? How is it for sight fishing?

Anyway, I decided to shoot some video while I was out last weekend. I hope this answers a few of those questions.

http://youtu.be/KzmcbuyXuWA

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

Nice video Tommy…

Lewis aka “elgeebee”
WS Ride 135
Jackson Kayak Cuda

I took mine on its maiden voyage last week but, did not attempt to stand up. I also did not slime it yet. Hopefully soon. It is an extremely stable boat. I sat and rocked side to side and never really felt like I would tip over. I also paddled with my 100 lb, wife in the stern and hardly knew she was back there…except the talking. Ha Ha

I’ll never tell her you said that.

Awesome work Tommy…i was all over the grass flats the other day when we saw Carter with the charter trip…i was standing up and paddling the ride 135 while sight casting reds in the grass but that day was a weird tough bite…had one taker about mid 20’s cut me off in some oysters…cant wait to get back down that way for some more standing up and paddling the ride 135 i love sight casting for reds!!

2010 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Nice video Tommy. You don’t have any plans to sell us out for the paddle board fisherman do you? lol. I could not do that in mine easily but the benefit of being so dry in the Manta Ray well outweighs that in my mind. Also, why tempt the fate of falling in… or am I just too lazy??

We’re stuck between Barack and a hard place. Hide their food stamps under their working boots.

Manta Ray 14’

I wish Wildy would come out with a SUP. I’d be all over it.

I’ve fallen out of a Manta Ray before. You’re better off not tempting fate.