Star Wars Rogue One

Just came back from seeing this one. I have to say, it was very good. Has some characters from episode 4, has good tie-ins with episode 4.
Pulled in $155 million this weekend. Would highly recommend seeing it.

I thought it was good too, but kind of slow to start. I wasn’t a fan of how they went out of their way to make it not feel like a Star Wars movie until close to the end. The way the opening scene came in, the theme music that sounded nothing like any of the other 7 movies. But it was awesome to see Vader in his prime.

I thought it was funny that half the theater I was in waited around to see if there was an end credits scene. I wanted to say, hey everyone, the next scene is Episode 4, came out about 40 years ago!

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I thought it was pretty bad. It was well done, just nothing to it story-wise. I’m not a fan of the whole universe, is what I’ve been told a lot lately. I want Jedi mind tricks and light saber battles.
Skipping the intro thing was probably the biggest problem, everything I hated about it probably could have been fixed with a little story setup. I wanted to leave but was in a crowded theater with my kids. My young son was tossing-and-turning-level of bored, basically laying in my lap.

BG

It’s definitely a movie for real fans. Not something the casual person would like who has only seen a few Star Wars movies. We usually watch a Star Wars movie about once a week or at least every few weeks. This movie was created to basically tell the story of one of the biggest questionable plot points in all of the movies. How could it be so easy to blow up a massive space station. I did like a lot of the connections with the other stories, and the CGI on Tarkin was insanely good. That broke some new barriers for CGI.

RIP Carrie Fisher. So sad.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I agree with the CGI. It was ridiculously impressive from that standpoint. I could stare at some of the things and tell they weren’t real, but that’s it. So many of the characters that have always been just acceptable because it is a movie, were fantastically real and I had to explain that to my kid a couple of times.

I hardly knew that it was a story fit between III and IV before I walked in. I didn’t find that story line compelling enough to make a movie out of. Character development was missing completely, as if I was supposed to know who everyone was. Referencing people by their names after only briefly connecting the names-to-faces had me wandering through the movie lost until almost the end.

BG

I recommended to everyone I knew watching the movie to reference the Rogue One for Dummies graphic prior.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115