Steel Shaft Golf Club vs Graphite Shaft Golf Club

Getting a little older now and thinking of switching from steel to graphite shafts. Kinda thinking the steel shafts may be a culprit as to why my forearms seem to be hurting more often after a I play a round these days. Thinking maybe a switch to graphite could help alleviate this. Anyone made this switch in the past? Did you find graphite improved your game and swing, or pretty much remained the same?

Back when I use to play I switched. I had a custom set made with graphite. It did help my distance & it does have some flex in it so that would take away from the shock when you connect to the ball.

ditto… same here

J Ford

thanks guys, good info.

Switching will help with arm, elbow and shoulder pain. They take the shock out of the impact which aggrevates the nerves as we get older, and the extra weight hurts as well. I’m playing 115g steel shafts as the old 130g Dynamic Golds we’re getting heavy. Not at graphite yet, but maybe another 10 years.

Check out recoil shafts, and steel fiber. My wife plays the recoil and loves them. They make weights all the way down for ladies, to 115g versions for a close to steel weight but shock resistance of graphite.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115