STOLEN BOAT

My 2004 J14 Carolina Skiff was stolen off of Harbor View Rd on James Island by the Harris Teeter while I had it up for sale. The motor was a tiller 2001 electric start 25hp yamaha. The decals are after market on the motor and will look very different from the ones you see on newer motors.

It will also have a circular metal disc mounted on the bow where I would normally have the trolling motor mounted. And there are also three square pieces of metal, one in the center of the bow and the other two on the bench seat where the removable seats would go.

There is also a generic white rod holder mounted to the inside that holds 4 rods and a single stainless steel flush mounting rod holder on the bow.

Finally there is a small console mounted to the side where the GPS/Depth finder would have gone. The unit won’t be there but the cables will.

If you see this boat around PLEASE call me (843-991-4587) or message me here or notify the police. I am currently out around $3k and may have to sell the boat I just bought now thanks to some ass hole!!!

so very sad. I saw that skiff there and am sorry for your loss. I hope it is found for you.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Check the tow yards.

Double D.

Thanks pen. Trying to be optimistic but I am not holding my breath. I work two jobs to be able to support my fishing habits and can’t tell you how frustrating it is to have someone take that hard work away.

Checked the tow yards. It was around other vehicles for sale that had been sitting there longer and they weren’t towed.

Sorry that happened. Man I absolutely hate a thief. We need to start having public punishments for these turds.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Double D

Check the tow yards.

Double D.

^^^^^

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

did you also post it being stolenon craigslist Charleston and perhaps savanah /myrtle beach

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I am posting it as stolen on craigslist with a reward. I went back to where it got stolen and found the cut locks…still can’t believe this happened. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

worth trying to get prints off the locks? will cops even do that for a theft?

First, Most, Biggest

Funny you say that Great White. I am the one who went back and even looked for the locks. Then when I mentioned it to the investigator he said it wouldn’t be worth it, even though both of the main bodies of the locks were intact. I ended up taking it to them anyways, but of course no prints. Still couldn’t believe they didn’t even want to try!

So lazy. A lock seems like the perfect thing to pull a print from. An old roommate of mine had his motorcycle stolen at Clemson. The cops showed up and just told him to kiss it goodbye and it wasn’t worth looking for. Seems like of something is stolen nowadays you have to find it yourself if you want it back.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

So lazy. A lock seems like the perfect thing to pull a print from. An old roommate of mine had his motorcycle stolen at Clemson. The cops showed up and just told him to kiss it goodbye and it wasn’t worth looking for. Seems like of something is stolen nowadays you have to find it yourself if you want it back.

First, Most, Biggest

they're called gloves,no prints to be left.camo hunting gloves,black surgical gloves,black cotton gloves.......
quote:
Originally posted by poke salad
quote:

First, Most, Biggest

they're called gloves,no prints to be left.camo hunting gloves,black surgical gloves,black cotton gloves.......

Your point? I was referring to the inspector not even trying to get prints. A metal surface should have a good profile to pull prints from. Not even bothering to look for it is laziness.

First, Most, Biggest

Here is a link to the topic that has pictures of the boat:

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159570

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by poke salad
quote:

First, Most, Biggest

Your point? I was referring to the inspector not even trying to get prints. A metal surface should have a good profile to pull prints from. Not even bothering to look for it is laziness.

First, Most, Biggest

If culprit was wearing gloves,no prints to pull.Every thief knows that.