stolen cast net

Your right, we may get older but we dont grow up.

quote:
And by the way, yes, I do have a pen & paper in my tackle box

I always have pen and paper on a boat. Always! For 50 different reasons, it can be more important than life jackets.

Some SOB did steal one wheel cover and a GA trailer tag off my Tacoma at Bolen Hall landing. That’s stealing.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Considering how much i make ,( which aint much), and a 10’ cast net costs a pretty penny, I probably would have stayed there and waited a few hours for the tide to go out and retrieve it. Obviously that’s all it took for someone else to take it. Pretty easy decision for me…

Also, the ocean and creeks are not someone’s private property, ( despite all the “my spot” fishermen out there), so I guess whomever came along ,( if it wasn’t the guys you saw), probably just thought someone didn’t care about it and said, “screw it”. In that case there is no criminal intent by law, therefore, no stealing. Would be nice if somebody took the effort to find the owner, but , honestly, how do you identify a net that a company made thousands of? I would guess if you put it out there, 10 guys would claim it was thiers. Good luck , though.

I found myself in a similar situation a couple weeks ago. Throwing a net at riverfront park I got greedy and snagged a rock at mid tide. Balled up the line and threw it in the water so no one would have easy access. Planned to come back about an hour before low an retrieve it. Couldn’t get it off my mind so I went home, got my son and came back an hour later. Someone had retrieved the line and tied it to the pier. I knew at that point the net was probably shot as everyone and their brother had been pulling on it. Threw the line back in the water, went to the playground and in a 30 minute time span watched a guy retrieve the line and no less than a half dozen people yank on it. Made my mind up that if i would rather shred the net then let someone have it. Jumped in waste deep and tore the heck out of it.

quote:
Originally posted by millacd The rest of you especially dolphinD can really just bug off. If you don't have anything better to do than start a thread making fun of someone who is already s.o.l., then I just feel sorry for you, because your life must truly suck.

Jeez, man. Just trying to have a little fun. I mean come on, I feel sorry for you losing your net, but stolen? Come on man! If we can’t have a little fun on here, what can we do?

Tell you what, I still haven’t found my stolen rigs. Lets do this, you and me will go around and scour the pawn shops until we find our stuff! It could be fun…

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

I gave my Calusa to a friend that would use it.I paid i thing $150 for it.Used it once and had it in the bucket for 3 years.Great net just never used it.Hope penny enjoys it.

Sorry you lost your net. Sounds like a good one. My wife gave me a net 17 years ago, and I still have it. Some kind of zen goes with a cast net.

Sorry you lost your net. Sounds like a good one. My wife gave me a net 17 years ago, and I still have it. Some kind of zen goes with a cast net.

the risk of losing things are part of being on or near the water-

If you ain’t retie’n, you aint try’n!

“it don’t pay to think too much on things you’ve left behind”- townes van zandt

My cast net was stolen out of my garage. The scary part is that I don’t even know when it happened. I only leave the door open long enough to go inside to take a leak or get a cold drink, then I go right back out to work on my car or make rigs. A few months back, my fishing buddy had his entire tackle box stolen off his front porch.

I would be highly upset in the same scenario, but I would at the same time not be surprised when I returned and saw that it was gone. I got pissed as all hell when I ran over an A/C vacuum pump and had to jack my car up to get it out from under, but I wasn’t going to go through great lengths to find out to whom it belonged. If I saw it on a forum that someone lost it off their truck then sure, but I don’t know of any local air conditioning forums. Until then, it still works like a champ, so I’m going to continue using it.

DolphinD, atleast us florida gators would have helped really find the mans cast net… :stuck_out_tongue: typical Seminole fans…

quote:
Originally posted by cdooley40

DolphinD, atleast us florida gators would have helped really find the mans cast net… :stuck_out_tongue: typical Seminole fans…

this website has gone soft!

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!