Stolen trailer-Wappoo Creek boat landing

Went shrimping Thursday night and came back to the boat ramp at about midnight to find that someone had stolen my trailer. If anyone was there between about 6:30 and 12:00 and noticed something, that information would be greatly appreciated. Tandem axle, aluminum Mako trailer. Wheel fenders are gray plastic. BOLO. Lock your trailers to your car!

Low rent SOB’s should be taken on a one-way off shore fishing trip. Good luck finding it.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thank you. On a good note, I did cooler out!

The number of trailers that are stolen from that landing is crazy. Keeps me from putting in there.

It is pretty crazy how many trailers have been stolen just from that one landing alone. I wonder what it would take to get the city to add security cameras to the parking lot, or at least add a handful of street lights to hopefully deter these dirt bags from stealing anymore trailers.

I hate that landing for multiple reasons. That being the nearest one to where I live is a big reason why I don’t get out on the boat as much. I’d rather haul it to Edisto for the weekend. Sorry about your trailer. You should put something in the “Outdoors Hunting and Fishing Swap for Charleston” FB group to get the word out.

Never had a trailer stolen, but I’ve had the hitch stolen off my truck, TWICE there.

quote:
Originally posted by seasick11

It is pretty crazy how many trailers have been stolen just from that one landing alone. I wonder what it would take to get the city to add security cameras to the parking lot, or at least add a handful of street lights to hopefully deter these dirt bags from stealing anymore trailers.

Hell, even fake cameras and signs would deter a lot of folks.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Could be that same criminal that was jacking stuff nearby a few months back…

Heck, they only need the camera at each entrance/exit. See the car/truck coming in and going out. If one comes in without trailer and leaves with then you have a description of vehicle and maybe a tag number. Shoot, put a monitor in the bridge tower and have the watchman monitor it.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

That makes WAY too much sense Coot!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Yeah DF and that is why the city won’t think about it. Are they cutting locks or are they lucky to find a trailer without one? How about at Wappoo going reverse direction in the area and backing in instead of pulling in. I believe there is enough room to pull out without too much trouble. Then again that would depend on the length of trailer. A lot of ramps have smaller lanes between parking spaces so backing in is out of the question.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

Heck, they only need the camera at each entrance/exit. See the car/truck coming in and going out. If one comes in without trailer and leaves with then you have a description of vehicle and maybe a tag number. Shoot, put a monitor in the bridge tower and have the watchman monitor it.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

The bridge tender works for SCDOT, the ramp is City of Chas. jurisdiction, call Tecks office for taking up that complaint.

Not too good of an idea, as I would rather have the tender watching and guiding a tug boat pushing a barge under the Wappoo bridge, than watching vehicles entering with or without boat trailers. The bridge getting damaged/taken out ,is far worse than the petty theft of a boat trailer.

I don’t know what price point Petty Theft ends at, but I would think a boat trailer would be Grand Theft! At least it seems that much, when you price a new one.

Of course you could always spend a little money and protect your investment ,pay me now,or pay me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukCZeJW7qg