STONER(3-11-09)

250 miles,worked 15 miles of ledge, anchored, trolled,flew kites, had perfect baits. Tuff day.

1 snowy
2 boneheads
other trash

For Pair -o- Dice- Sorry Riptide.

Courtland, no apology neccessary, where did you fish ?

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide

Courtland, no apology neccessary, where did you fish ?

South Ledge, got there late due to low tide and heavy fog up the river. The Coast Guard paid me a visit around the Tire Reef and then we jigged bottom bait at the Grand Banks. Started with the fleet at the south end of the South Ledge and trolled north, prospecting for bottom spots. Had the 2 boneheads on the troll and took a shot on the planer. It was a bottom fishing trip and we hoped for a tuna or wahoo while checking the ledge. We ended up at the Triple Ledge in calming seas and anchored. I flew the kite for a bit with fish boiling around the boat, chum bag in the water and chunking a bit. Never took a shot, but learned alot as this was my first kite flying endeavor. Rolled in early, as Kenny Rogers(I think) said, “you gotta know when to fold em’”. It just wasn’t our day, but it was beautiful.

Sounded like a few fish were boated though.

EF- My soccer coaching season has started and I’ve lost Saturday’s and Tuesday’s until June. I have to fish when I can. As you know the whole bottom thing is fairly new to me. I’ve done well on the moon with snapper. I guess now I know. Still, had a new guy on the boat today and he had a blast reeling in the trash. We did get the pinks, some triggers, b-liners and the boneheads were requested by a friend for strip baits. Not what I hoped for , but not a total loss.

I’m glad you let OTM reel in the AJ’s…did he giggle like a little girl?

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

CT- what was the water temp on the ledge? I thought for sure you’d end up with mr. hoo on the kite rig. That’s a long run for not much return… was it crowded yesterday?

JPW

What is a bonehead?

Pillage and plunder with a 9wt and a fist full of clousers.

Pretty in spanish

Polly Wanna…

quote:
Originally posted by jerms

What is a bonehead?

I’ll take yankee know-it-alls named Paul for a thousand, Alex.

[:0]

FloridaBoy’s right to have an opinion on any subject on CF.com has been revoked until further notice. Carry on.

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Old

CT- what was the water temp on the ledge? I thought for sure you’d end up with mr. hoo on the kite rig. That’s a long run for not much return… was it crowded yesterday?

JPW

The water was a beautiful 70-72. The regulars were on the ledge, 8-10 boats total. There were fish caught. I hate trolling and we did not give it the appropriate effort. We didn’t deserve a fish on the troll.

courtland where did yall run out of?

quote:
Originally posted by wishinitwasflat2

courtland where did yall run out of?

Moss Creek Marina, Hilton Head

Good to see you out there courtland… with the good days come the bad and with the bad days come the good…

26 cape horn 200 yamahas