STONER(5-31-09)Trigger Happy

My son has a love/hate relationship with fishing. He loves it but sometimes get to chumming. I figured the forecast wouldn’t get any better than it is , so we decided to go for our first “offshore” day. It was a bottom trip and burned the juice out to 90’. I knew the fleet would be heavy to the south, so even though it added 30 miles round trip, we went East. I wanted to get on the fish and we had a few firsts to check off the list. He did awesome and OTM helped greatly, like a stepdad, baiting hooks and passing off the rod, just to see the smiles and get a little ribbing in about getting bent by whatever was on the end of the line. We baited up at 10AM and pulled lines at 12:30. The bite was hot and much more damage could have been done by a seasoned crew, but there wouldn’t have been bigger smiles or a happier crew. As we rode up the street to the house he said,“That was the best day of fishing EVER!” What more can you say.

Totals:
7 Grouper(gags, scamp and a surprise rock hind)
4 limits of ARS
bunch of triggers
bsb and the like
another day with no AJ’s

First trigger of many

First of 3 ARS

I didn’t let him touch this one, but he got 2 on his own

The crew

The end

Courtland,
Great day with the young one. Congrats. We just got back from TN with my father and now ready to get offshore.

REELNAUTI
2008/225CC KEYWEST
250 YAMMI

congratz

Luke 8:22-25

Great to hear it was about the boy having a good time. Congrats and kudos for putting him in a PFD!

Captain Steve Little
TowBoat US Charleston
Psalm 107:23-32
www.towboatcharleston.com

good stuff there…

reelly…

www.LowTideRedfish.com

Courtland sounds like a great day…we don’t know each other but you seem to always be on the bottom fish…I can never catch a ride with anyone that does any bottom fishing…they always want to drag ballyhoo around all day…I would love a chance to catch a ride one day if you have room…

I can be emailed at bdowney@1stpalmetto.com if you ever need to fill a spot…

quote:
Originally posted by bdowney

Courtland sounds like a great day…we don’t know each other but you seem to always be on the bottom fish…I can never catch a ride with anyone that does any bottom fishing…they always want to drag ballyhoo around all day…I would love a chance to catch a ride one day if you have room…

I can be emailed at bdowney@1stpalmetto.com if you ever need to fill a spot…

Any time, PM me your info through the site. I’m on HHI, are you?

Nice day Brother! Short and sweet. I’ll take your boy anyday…he catches more fish than P.J and does not take up as much room. When you get a chance email me those pics from today. canddmark@hargray.com. Thanks for the ride always a pleasure.

it just doesn’t get better than that

UPGRADED from 225 Keywest to-
2800WA Hydra-Sports Vector
dual Yahmaha F225’s

Bring back memories of fishing with my Dad when I was about that age! Nice job on the fish and boy! Be sure to keep these pics and give em to em when he’s older. My Dad’s been doing that lately, and it’s great.

Russ B.

Psalm 55:22

Very Nice! Looks like ya’ll got it done, bet little man was fired up. Good on you for taking him!

JPW

great job and nice pics!

31’ PURSUIT
TWIN 225 YAMMYS