store bought chicken

Bought some Tyson boneless, skinless breasts in a big package yesterday, (6 per pack) and there was a maxi pad in the bottom full of water, I weighed it and it was 1.7 # and !/4 the weight of the whole pack,at 1.99 a pound that is $3.39 worth of water What a rip off, we need a class action suite! Calling Skinnie J to find his thaughts!

Part of the reason I raise and butcher my own yardbird. Penfishn has been reporting this problem for some time.

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Bought some Tyson boneless, skinless breasts in a big package yesterday, (6 per pack) and there was a maxi pad in the bottom full of water, I weighed it and it was 1.7 # and !/4 the weight of the whole pack,at 1.99 a pound that is $3.39 worth of water What a rip off, we need a class action suite! Calling Skinnie J to find his thaughts!

Uh, and you’re worried about being ripped-off? [:0]:wink:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

I never buy Tyson chicken. Either Publix premium, or Springer organic. Never have a problem like you experienced.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Poly hasn’t missed the 2 that I’ve cooked in the last 3 months.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Go to the Teeter and buy individual breast at the meat counter for 1.99. They put it in a plastic bag , no maxi pad.

Are you mostly concerned that the maxi was already used?? :smiley:

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

They ain’t big enough yet , I’m plucking this one alive on 11/25

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Good looking rooster.

I hope you’re kidding on the live plucking though. I don’t perceive you as a cruel person. I got 5 Chantecler roosters to cull. Anybody want one alive, let me know.

“I’m plucking this one alive on 11/25”

Roosters name is probably Fred[:0].

NN

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Good looking rooster.

I hope you’re kidding on the live plucking though. I don’t perceive you as a cruel person. I got 5 Chantecler roosters to cull. Anybody want one alive, let me know.

That is the day Clemson plays SC in football. I don’t think he is going to pluck it alive. I believe that is why he referenced the date 11/25.

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

NN

Or Cocky.

Thanks UT…

Polly knows a lot about farming and I plucked some chickens growing up. Never plucked a live one though…

Got me on that one.

Went to school in Columbia…Go Cocks Go…Not.

The old Volunteer is correct. That cockerel isn’t on the menu, he’s got a nice tone to his crow, and for he’s for breeding only, I’m crossing him with a black giant variety.

I did however hear a tale about some Clemson boys plucking a gamecock alive on game day, that supposedly took place in the mid 60’s.I couldn’t do it.

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

NN

That’s cute! Rooster looks more like a Mick or Cluck Rogers.

I haven’t plucked a chicken in 40 years, we skin all ours. It’s a cholesterol thing. Put in a Roster Bag they don’t dry out, now a days when the hawks let too many breed up the wife leaves and the son and I tell her Bird Flu hit again. Yard birds are the best if making perlo. Only Chickens I have in a pen are my six layers and they have a home for life.

Smith’s Red and White near the South Carolina border in North Carolina. Just off I 95. Best chicken on earth and no maxi pads unless you want them. All chicken is raised by local farmers under contract and you can get mature hens as well as true young “friers”. One time when I can truly justify the price of the yeti.

https://www.smithsredandwhite.com/

ZX

Read the description on the packaging, it says they are injected with 10% saline solution. They claim for flavor enhancement, but we all know it is for added weight on the cheap. Most of your Walmart meats state that across the board. I can’t believe it is legal, but it is.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250