Striper fishing

Season is back on…let’s chat about catching Stripers…where??? schooling??? live bait or plugs???

I am new to fishing this area – but I will post when I find the fish…I usually downrod with herring or gizzards…but will try some spoons this year…

Caught 5 with three keepers, down lines by the dam. Follow the channel from the dam to the markers.

Thanks Carl, Good luck! Its getting striper time!

When you say dam — that’s the Lake Marion dam.??? I have never fished there…years ago in front of dam at Lake Moultrie in the deep water…so, I guess I need to dig my map out and look for the dam on Marion…what were you using – down rods or free lines…herring for bait???

I use down rods with shad, the stripers are moving into the creeks now, try Wyboo, Potatoe or TawCaw. I also put a free line or two out the back of the boat.

good info…I am leaving for Tennessee to fish Lake Cherokee…but will be back next week to start fishing Lake Marion…hope the weather turns a little colder…I’m ready to see some schooling activity…

Carl, a couple of weeks ago my son found them schooling in the Diversion Canal. Wasn’t any specific spot, he was fishing for largemouth in a few areas and followed them around when they were busting bait.

Most were caught on topwater baits.