Striper Rips Rod Out Of Guy's Hands

Check out the video of a guy getting a rod ripped out of his hands by a striper. Before you watch the video, please note that there is some adult language. Check out the video: http://www.fishhound.com/videos/huge-striped-bass-pulls-rod-out-of-mans-hand!

Now that’s a good way to hold a rod while trolling…what a dumbace

More like, way to have your drag locked down…

Man, Good thing wahoos aren’t that strong or I might lose more rods… Oh wait, they are… Yep. He fumbled the ball…

As my father-in-law would say…“Shhtuff Happens!!!”.

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

Had a buddy almost get pulled out of the back of the boat by a wahoo the other week. He was feeding the bait back to get it out in the spread and it hit so when he set the drag he got slammed. Got the fish.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

Not a “monstah stripah” by any stretch of the imagination…the rod would not be bouncing from the headshakes an he would have immediately done a pirouette if that was the case. A good lesson on why you jig on the troll facing the transom.

Iain Pelto
Sea Hunt Triton 160 w/ 90 ETEC “JB3”
Native Manta Ray 14

That captain looked pissed. And for good reason

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

Id be pissed if I was that captain too!

www.fishhound.com

Captain/Mate’s fault if you ask me. They were the one’s watching this guy and not saying anything. He just didn’t know better.

Like Hairball said, you want to be facing the stern and working the rod with a motion almost like you are trying to paddle the boat backwards…alot less tiring that way too. Alot of those charters, when working a parachute jig or bucktail like that, depending on who the customers are, won’t even let them touch the rod until they hook up. They normally use steel line too which is not very user friendly to someone not used to using it.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki