Stripers on Moultrie?

Going up to Lake Moultrie next weekend, any chance I can find some stripers this time of year? I’ll be on the Cross (west) side of the lake.

Sam Elliott

Try throwing buck tails around the end of the canell and cuts in its walls. anywhere there is fast moving water!

allways reel with the current!

Try going about halfway up the canal to the rockpile. It’s on the Moultrie side of the bridge that crosses the canal. Usually they will sit just downstream of the rocks on the bottom, drift a little ways, then pull up and do it again. Use your sonar to drop your bait as close to the edge of the rocks as possible.

Fishing still good on Moultrie. We have been on the fish all week. They have been from 15 to 35 ft. I have caught them trolling and schooling. The color choice has been white with a red head. I’ve caught them on stretch 25s, rattle traps and a wide array of swim baits but all were white with red head. Here are some pics from today.
Me and my son were able to get out after lunch.

Stephen Rogers

What I find interesting is the difference in water temp between Moultrie and Murray.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Ha It don’t take long for these shallow lakes down here to warm up.